Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone going to the ISE show next week?

Wow that sounds like a real project. Never tried a crate engine or anything like it, my son is better at the rebuild stuff, he always comes to assist with my problems including computer malfunctions. I hope you are able to attend, not a great fan of the pads at Pelican but it is better in some respects to the beach.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    You live close enough to Pyramid, you are always welcome to be there........Jetspray
    Going to try for the Spring Fest this year but, I don't want to go if my boat is not ready.

Had a whole lot of fun the 2 times we went, a few years ago.

I was the guy with the red outboard Jet.

The repower on my Hewescraft is turning in to a real clusterfork. Had a '92 FORD 302 in it, got a crate engine from First Mate Marine that turns out to be a 1968. NOTHING fits. Even the firing order is wrong!

If I wanted to use the guts from the crate engine, I might be able to use the pistons.
    Last edited by Stranger; 01-27-2018 at 09:39 PM.
    20' Hewescraft "River Runner" Redline 302, Berkeley Jet.
    36' Bounder Motorhome.

3. Likes Jetspray, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, my buddy was there today. Said it was packed . Good for business. Hmm $26 entry fee.. or 23.50 for entry to camanche for some meat? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes CAL.NDN, redneckpunk liked this post
    Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Went today and haven’t seen it that packed in years. It started to thin out around 4 but everyone I spoke with working the different booths said it’s been crazy busy. For the most part, it was the same vendors in the same locations as the last 10 years. A couple noticeable changes, more boats and a lot more food. Outside the main fishing hall, where the few food vendors used to be, is now boats and a large booth selling apparel, flags, etc.. The food vendors have now been moved to two separate areas. New booths I noticed, because I was looking for them, were Come Fish Panama and Line Cutterz. Managed to get out of there, admission, parking and beer included for under $100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    My sub runs out next year. We will be taking the motor home and stay at the Cal Expo RV park. Just like we did 2 years ago. Maybe we can do a "Sniffer Fest"?
    You live close enough to Pyramid, you are always welcome to be there........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

My sub runs out next year. We will be taking the motor home and stay at the Cal Expo RV park. Just like we did 2 years ago. Maybe we can do a "Sniffer Fest"?
    20' Hewescraft "River Runner" Redline 302, Berkeley Jet.
    36' Bounder Motorhome.

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the socializing is a communicable problem stemming from COSTCO or Sam's Club. They always leave a cart in the middle of the isle or walk 4 a breast while yapping away. Grab and move would ya. As far as vendors, lost business is the cause of most of that, thank you Gov Moonbeam.......Jetspray
    Last edited by Jetspray; 01-19-2018 at 09:50 AM.

11. Likes CRABBY, redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seemed to be fewer vendors this year? VERY crowded early today, just don't understand why people "socialize" in the middle of the aisles and others go against the flow? Makes for a lot of congestion. Spent $13.50 for a "polish" dog, SMALL bag of chips and a bottle of water, "polish" wasn't even warm! Gal that took my order had to tell the "cook" which one was a polish, WTH? Only thing offered to put on the "polish" was relish and mustard, thinking this will be my last ISE for a few years.
    Some nice boats there, was very tempted!!!!!

13. Likes CRABBY, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The key is to be there when they open. By afternoon the crowds are shoulder to shoulder. Second plan out your time there. The hunting halls I think get the most crowded so if you plan to visit them consider doing them first. If you know there are certain vendors you definitely want to visit, do them as soon as possible. Later in the day is when I just kind of walk around the place just looking at everything with no special vendor or place in mind.
    So basically get there early before they actually open the halls and plan your visit no matter what day you go.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Crowds ? Years ago i would go on Thursday but lately it seem like Thursday might be the worse day.
    Any input on your observations on best day to go.

17. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast