Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6 Inch Yozuri Deep Diver Crystal Minnow

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    I personally don’t troll areas in the Delta where I need the lures that dive to 20’. Generally I troll (and catch fish) in 3’ to about 18’ or so. I’ve tried the lure with buck tail jig dropper called the hair raiser but haven’t had much success with it.
    My go to lure is a red head white body yozuri with a white trick worm. I’ve tried purple and black trailer worms but white is more successful for me. I also put a little procure on it. I like a little sardine or sardine with a little garlic or anise, and sometimes just bloody tuna.
    Bottom line you need to put in the time to learn the techniques and learn the water.
    I have found that darker trailer worms perform better in muddy/stained waters. Until last year I only used white in cleaner water but started having success with Chartreuse, especially when the lure also has chartreuse color. Personally i dont use scent. I have tried it and havent found it incresed catch ratio and I hate spending the time cleaning them.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally don’t troll areas in the Delta where I need the lures that dive to 20’. Generally I troll (and catch fish) in 3’ to about 18’ or so. I’ve tried the lure with buck tail jig dropper called the hair raiser but haven’t had much success with it.
    My go to lure is a red head white body yozuri with a white trick worm. I’ve tried purple and black trailer worms but white is more successful for me. I also put a little procure on it. I like a little sardine or sardine with a little garlic or anise, and sometimes just bloody tuna.
    Bottom line you need to put in the time to learn the techniques and learn the water.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your input and great ideas!!!!

Plug Bite

Post Thanks / Like

Any particular color is good?

Post Thanks / Like

There are very few places on the sac between Knights and Sacramento that you could use a deep diver. And probably no place you could use them on the feather. The mid range or shallow divers would be best. You'll lose a lot of the deep diving gear in those areas
    A veteran - Whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is an Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Post Thanks / Like

Try slow trolling the big bottom walkers or other heavier swimbaits. Iv got deep fish like that in the port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radoncraft View Post
    I also use to use the three way with 2_3oz buck tails and broken back, but after a while it got too expensive having to replace the rigs...... (Snags.).. Hard to get them loose at that depth.
    When I do go deep these days, I try to use the electronics more often, and spoon for them. But I mainly troll shallow these days 5-14 ft.

Side note fished broad slough yesterday, water clarity 6 inches..yuk.. water temp 52*f, caught one keeper and a hand full of shakers near Eddos.

Good luck with the Crystal minnows, good lures.
    Yep,,, 20+ feet break out the jig. Bucktail or a spoon. I haven't had much luck getting deep fish to commit trolling. I have a few X Raps that will run 24' with great action, and have pulled right through marks without a touch.
    Also my Pline and Rebel BB with a trailer produce way more then my Yo zuri's,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

I also use to use the three way with 2_3oz buck tails and broken back, but after a while it got too expensive having to replace the rigs...... (Snags.).. Hard to get them loose at that depth.
    When I do go deep these days, I try to use the electronics more often, and spoon for them. But I mainly troll shallow these days 5-14 ft.

Side note fished broad slough yesterday, water clarity 6 inches..yuk.. water temp 52*f, caught one keeper and a hand full of shakers near Eddos.

Good luck with the Crystal minnows, good lures.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just talking with Hahn, the owner at Bob’s Bait and Tackle in Isleton about this and he says they are a go to for Striper. Just use a single worm trailer on Yozuris instead of the Zoom split tail trailers I like to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t used the larger deeper divers, but see no reason why they wouldn’t work, if they in fact do reach those depths. Years ago I did a lot of deep water trolling in the Delta and we what we did was use a 3-way swivel with an 18-24” dropper to a 2oz bucktail or hair raiser jig (white) and a 36-48” leader back to the deep diving Yozuri or Broken Back Rebel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Likes RideNfish liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast