aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Look what I made today

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    what's the brake on the .308?
    No brake, just a flash hider. Kimochou is correct, it is an Advanced Armament. I've ordered a thread protector for it because I won't shoot this at night and all a flash hider does is keep me from being blinded at night. Had it out on the range today and it is one of the smoothest .308's I've ever shot. Very low recoil with 168 grain round. Gotta love adjustable gas blocks..

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Advanced Armament.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

what's the brake on the .308?

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished my .308 today. The Lower Reciever on this was 80% milled. I had to mill the trigger pocket and drill a bunch of holes and then assemble it. Having a DRO on the mill sure makes it a lot easier.

I had it engraved to make 100 pct legal.

5. Likes monkey916, Yearroundfisherman liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    Nice looking target rifle.

Why 308 for hunting and not something like a 7mm-08 or a 6.5. i have become a fan of the 7mm-08. I know just personal preference.
    I do have a 6.5 Grendel that I use for coyotes, pigs and small deer. The .308 is for the bigger deer in my area (Muley's). The 6.5 is still pretty limited in ammo choices. I hunt with the 130gr Swifts from Alexander Arms. The .308 Winny has tons of bullet options from just about every manufacturer and it goes on sale a lot. It can also be used effectively in a competitive atmosphere which means it's not a gun that sits in the safe until the season opens.

I currently have the following rifles:
    1. Noveske 5.56 that shoots MOA but is made to shoot fast and is just plain fun to take to the range with a truck load of water bottles.
    2. Bishop 5.56 3G rifle that shoots sub MOA at 200 yards. This is for my 3G competition endeavors.
    3. My Custom built .223/5.56 Wylde rifle that is a long range gun for that aspect of my competition endeavors.
    4. 6.5 Grendel rifle for hunting small/medium game up to 300lbs.
    5. My Custom built LR .308 (DPMS format) rifle. This is for medium to large game.
    6. Benelli M4 Super 90 12ga Shotgun rifle. This is part 2 of my 3G competition endeavors.

I don't have a lot of interests in handguns but I do own a Kimber 1911 Stainless Custom II that is part 3 of my 3G endeavors.

The Kimber and Benelli serve the secondary purpose of last resort home defense.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking target rifle.

Why 308 for hunting and not something like a 7mm-08 or a 6.5. i have become a fan of the 7mm-08. I know just personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice!!! Conpetition should be fun

9. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Look what I made today

New .223 match rifle. I'm going to start competing this spring. I've also got a .308 build on the bench that's going to be super light weight for mule deer hunting.

11. Likes Kimochou, Hookum Greg, CAL.NDN liked this post