Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hmmmm where to go this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Must Fish View Post
    You fishing in the KBF kayak tournament there tomorrow? Going to be 75+ kayaks out there.
    I did end up going to Camanche and fishing the KBF kayak tournament. My first ever kayak tournament! Went out bought me a hawg trough. A nice compact net (usually just lip em) but in a tournament I didnít wanna risk it.. ended up camping there Friday night so I could already be there ready for launch time! I was hella excited.......and....

Skunked!

Hahaha! I was exhausted from the night before (1-2 hrs of sleep) cold as **** during the night. All bad.

But I did really enjoy the experience of fishing this tournament. Showed me what I need to be prepared for next time and how to come better equipped and more prepared.

All in all still a great time to get on the water.

John Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You fishing in the KBF kayak tournament there tomorrow? Going to be 75+ kayaks out there.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bob View Post
    No extra charge for the kayak I don’t believe. Just the day use for your truck and then the fishin fee. They do ask where your kayak has been in the last few months and I’m sure that’s to do with the mussels. They have never really “inspected” mine to much they may just look at it to make sure. But it’s normal for everyone going in there.

Instead of Bullards I will actually be camping up at Camanche this weekend actually. Should be cool. Hope to report some good catches

3. Likes John Bob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Little further but clear lake for some big girls. Or stay local and hit the delta. Bite turning on down there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbank View Post
    Did okay at Don Pedro from the kayak this past weekend. Nothing big though, lots of 1-2 pound spotted bass in maybe 20-25 feet of water, dropoffs close to shore.
    You ever try the lake just downstream from Bullards? It's on my list of places to kayak fish, but a 2.5 hr drive, so we'll see if I ever get to.

Got another question for you if you've got time to answer. When you bring your kayak to Camanche, do they charge extra? Or do you have to have the mussel inspection done? Camping there soon and wondering if I should bring them.
    Thanks!
    No extra charge for the kayak I donít believe. Just the day use for your truck and then the fishin fee. They do ask where your kayak has been in the last few months and Iím sure thatís to do with the mussels. They have never really ďinspectedĒ mine to much they may just look at it to make sure. But itís normal for everyone going in there.

Instead of Bullards I will actually be camping up at Camanche this weekend actually. Should be cool. Hope to report some good catches

Post Thanks / Like

Did okay at Don Pedro from the kayak this past weekend. Nothing big though, lots of 1-2 pound spotted bass in maybe 20-25 feet of water, dropoffs close to shore.
    You ever try the lake just downstream from Bullards? It's on my list of places to kayak fish, but a 2.5 hr drive, so we'll see if I ever get to.

Got another question for you if you've got time to answer. When you bring your kayak to Camanche, do they charge extra? Or do you have to have the mussel inspection done? Camping there soon and wondering if I should bring them.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm where to go this weekend

Plan on taking a decent trip this weekend doing a little kayak fishing..but not sure where yet. Iím in the Rancho area and looking to travel up to a couple hours if need be.

Iíve never been to Bullards Bar and that is where I am leaning on going. Just wanted to get some input from the fellow sniffers.

I do enjoy me a good trip to Camanche, just trying to go somewhere new. And Bullards Bar has those Leprechauns and Unicorns in it! Hahaha

Starting to consider Berryessa also, never been there either.

What do you think?