Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Truck bed liners

do you consider something like bed slide? Knees protection, as you wanted, along with bed protection.
    bedslide.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

I have Rhino liners in two of the trucks, mine has a camper on it all the time. Would not go back to any other thing. As far as knees I use knee pads and toss type pads for that.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The rubber pad from tractor supply is great. I have a drop in bed liner for a 8' dodge, free to anyone that wants it. I cant use it with a slide in truck camper,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bret1972 View Post
    I still need to finish the edges. This has one sheet of plywood so I have about seven or 8 inches between the plywood and the edges of the truck bed that I need to fill in.

0E70BF74-CF7F-46CE-95F6-C34F726BD55C.jpg
    Looks great! I'm planning of doing the same thing since I have a camper shell also, but first I need to finish the brakes, install new shocks and nitto tires on my truck.
    Last edited by antony31; 05-14-2018 at 06:36 PM.

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still need to finish the edges. This has one sheet of plywood so I have about seven or 8 inches between the plywood and the edges of the truck bed that I need to fill in.

0E70BF74-CF7F-46CE-95F6-C34F726BD55C.jpg
    Its better to be fishing and thinking about God then to be in church thinking about fishing.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterdog.
    Sounds like you have the ideal set up.
    Thanks for the post.
    If I ever put a shell on my truck I will
    go the way you did.Sounds comfy.

10. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions, I like waterdogs idea of carpet and carpet padding. I think Im gonna try it out
    Its better to be fishing and thinking about God then to be in church thinking about fishing.

12. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the spray in and then added the rubber mats like Seon. That being said, a lot of guys with shells do just use carpet.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had both drop in and the sprayed in Rhino Liner (the best). I much prefer the spray in. The drop in's trap moisture and since they're not secure, they wear the paint off the bed and then it rusts. They do protect the bed and are easier on the knee's than the bare steel or the spray in. The spray in is incredibly tough, I've drug stuff across it expecting it to be a scared up mess but not a scratch. It is thinner than it looks also and is never slippery so when you put things in the back like groceries or a tool box back by the tailgate, they'll be right where you put them when you get where you're going. Oddly enough, things slide right in when you're loading and I'm still not sure why that works when things don't slide around while driving. If you need more padding for your knees the bed rugs are great or you can just go get a carpet remnant and throw it in when you want it.

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have a camper shell and I installed a 4'x6'x3/4"rubber stall mat from Tractor Supply. Easy on the knees and prevents any items from sliding around.

Btw, I also installed a bed slider that makes it much easier to load and unload items and placed the mat on top of the slider.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...BoCC5QQAvD_BwE

Last edited by Seon; 02-16-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator Yamaha F150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast