Post Thanks / Like

Re: San Pablo bay 2/25

That was a nice report. Good job with your haul.

Post Thanks / Like

Was headed out to SPB sunday early, but it was foggy. So I posted up in a trusty spot in the Napa river. Landed this nice fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Likes Yearroundfisherman, kromebrite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's some good eats whopper stopper. I give away plenty of fish but sturgeon stay close to home 😉 You catch those this weekend? I heard it was a solid bite.
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like

20180106_1050161-1.jpg

Like someone said...dont rule out spb just yet. It was good all last year thru spring and suspect same story this year. Pumphouse area. Ghost only. Set at 6ft during outgo, move to 10ft on incoming. There's one more that we got not shown in picture plus 2 stripers.

6. Likes KERPOW, kromebrite, Chasing_tail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went on a shark trip with him around ten years ago. It was a mini sniffer fest.
    Good times.
    Gratitude

Post Thanks / Like

Five of us went aboard the Fury six pack boat out of pt Richmond on 2/24. We fished just west of pumphouse on the outgoing and caught only one small leopard and a striper both on grass shrimp in 6 feet of water. After peak low tide we moved to deeper water just east of pumphouse around 15 feet. Some rods had grass shrimp and some had mud shrimp. Both baits caught fish as we ended the day with 3 leopards, one smooth hound, one keeper bass (24"), a bat ray, and one keeper sturgeon. We cut the trip a little short because the wind kicked up minutes after bringing in the diamond back around 12:30 but all in all an exciting trip. Captain Frank has put us on fish twice this year and I highly recommend him, he's an old time guide that finds the fish. Action all day and memories to last. sorry for the sturgeon pic I couldn't straighten it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

9. Likes Yearroundfisherman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saizo View Post
    The fish aren't in San Pablo right now. Your about three weeks late. I would fish higher up around Pittsburg area. Thx for the report.
    I wouldn't rule out SPB just yet....especially with freshwater on the way..

11. Likes Yearroundfisherman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The fish aren't in San Pablo right now. Your about three weeks late. I would fish higher up around Pittsburg area. Thx for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

San Pablo bay 2/25

Joined a group of 7 other anglers aboard the Predator out of Vallejo Sunday.
    Morning conditions were calm and clear but chilly. Started in the Carquinez Straits for the incoming in around 25 foot or so depth.Eel, herring, ghost shrimp and grass shrimp were the offerings. Some bites and a few leopard sharks that were all undersized. I have never seen sharks this time of year in that area. It speaks to the lack of rain.
    After trying this are for awhile, we moved out somewhere in the middle of SPB. I hope I'm not spot burning ;) . The outgo was just starting to trickle when we set the pick. Same offerings were thrown out although some anchovies were thrown into the mix. I had a few good bites but I did not connect with although eventually landed one. That region did produce several good size( 8ish, 9ish pounds?) bass as well as two school "perfect fish taco" (4ish?) bass. One of which was mine. Many undersized leopard sharks that, as previously, were of course released. Some came close, and I hope to see them in the fall when I once again fish the area. In some ways it does not matter in that I would release them anyway. The current was good and the water was brown but the sturgeon were not eating there. I should add that the depth was around 4 foot.
    Hot spot number three was closer to Vallejo but still in the middle somewhere. A smidgen deeper at 11 feet. The wind began to kick up, but fortunately the wind direction was in our favor so Not many bites although classic "sturgeon bites" showed. I connected with one and brought aboard a jumbo shaker who perhaps I will meet again one day. Around 4:30 or so the wind was downright nasty, the temperature was cold and it was time to head for the barn anyway.
    As always, the captain was great, the deckhand was really helpful and the boat comfortable. I very much recommend this outfit.
    The sturgeon fishing for SPB? Meh. If I were to go out again this spring I think I would focus on Suisun bay and such. Just a thought.
    For some reason I had trouble indenting my paragraphs. Hope I do not get graded down.

Gratitude

15. Likes Yearroundfisherman liked this post