Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoked meatloaf

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smoked meatloaf

Made it over the weekend and was great! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by breezin View Post
    This is on my list for the weekend! Looks great!
    I tried it and as Dave says it is fantastic, a few changes due to my wife's likes and dislikes and it was a go.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

This is on my list for the weekend! Looks great!

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW Dave, the modification is only my wife's sauces she cans every fall, and I have a ton of dry rubs to use as well.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by al3c View Post
    Didn't have all the ingredients (who plans for meatloaf?) but had enough to feel confident to comment on the recipe. Added the bacon/maple/dijon combo which I have never tried making myself in a savory dish. I also added fresh parsley instead of carrot and used all beef because that's what I had. Will add this one to the rotation (it does dirty up some equipment though!).
    I tried everything but the sauce, just because I do not like BBQ sauce or Ketchup. Otherwise it was great, planning for meatloaf is the way to go, Walmart is only 3 miles from my house and I can get all of the stuff there. My model of Traeger does not have a side door for pellet removal so I modified a suction hose to vacuum it into a plastic bag, works great when I want to change pellets and add something else or just to store the unit in winter........Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    2 lbs. ground beef
    1/2 onion - chopped
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1/3 cup minced pickled jalapeño rings
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1 egg
    1/2 - 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
    1/2 - 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
    1/3 cup Sweet Baby Rays Hickory BBQ sauce
    1/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays Hickory BBQ sauce - reserved for top during the last 20 minutes of smoke time.

Smoked at 250 degrees until an internal temperature of 165. Wood mix was hickory, mesquite & oak.
    Didn't have all the ingredients (who plans for meatloaf?) but had enough to feel confident to comment on the recipe. Added the bacon/maple/dijon combo which I have never tried making myself in a savory dish. I also added fresh parsley instead of carrot and used all beef because that's what I had. Will add this one to the rotation (it does dirty up some equipment though!).
    best
    a finance homework writer

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn that looks good!!!

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I'll give this a try.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    That's a great idea! I can't use my smoker in the winter because it just doesn't heat up.
    I think I got mine from McMaster Carr, I could be wrong. There are others out there. I wrap it completely around the body and clip it at the bottom and one side with cheapo clamps I get from Harbor Freight in Carson. They may have welding blankets too, but I wasn't looking for that then, I was only buying cheapo tarps to cover yard stuff from the snow......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I bought a welder's blanket a while ago, keeps the heat in. I have a Traeger, and the door leaked smoke, so I got some liner to put on the lid and that works great too.......Jetspray
    That's a great idea! I can't use my smoker in the winter because it just doesn't heat up.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast