Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need to be in San Mateo this weekend. Is Coyote Point worth fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by WhopperStopper View Post
    I was working in San Mateo around this time last year. I talked to some locals that pointed me to Anza Lagoon. Google Kincaid's restaurant to find it. Fish the top of the outgo. All the water from the lagoon rushes out during the outgo. I had luck using 4" swimbaits and x-rap. Two locals were absolutely hammering them drifting back live smelt under bobbers. I also had really good action for sharks and rays soaking anchovies in Redwood creek on the east side of Bair Island. You can park in a business complex that has public shore access.
    I did try that spot by the restaurant Sunday, forgot a tray of baits. Only thing close that I had was a Lucky Craft and a white chadder bait. Gave both a try for nada. A few locals throwing swim baits. Out going flow. Saw no fish landed.

Post Thanks / Like

I was working in San Mateo around this time last year. I talked to some locals that pointed me to Anza Lagoon. Google Kincaid's restaurant to find it. Fish the top of the outgo. All the water from the lagoon rushes out during the outgo. I had luck using 4" swimbaits and x-rap. Two locals were absolutely hammering them drifting back live smelt under bobbers. I also had really good action for sharks and rays soaking anchovies in Redwood creek on the east side of Bair Island. You can park in a business complex that has public shore access.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YoungAsianFisher View Post
    I've been fishing near SFO airport area to be blunt. I must say the action is far and few. Jacksmelt, jacksmelt, maybe out of 10 ish rods I only heard of A shovelnose being caught. Maybe a shaker halibut and that's about it. Even the sharks and bat rays are eluding our offerings.
    Got a line wet for a couple of hours Saturday.
    had few light bites, nothing stuck. Did see a couple smelt and a couple of Rays caught. Quite the busy place. People Barbecuing, playing card, consuming beverages. And a few fishing.
    One guy did say he caught 3 legal stripers in the Slough.
    may try that today.

Post Thanks / Like

I would bring a pole if you have time to spare, you never know! As for location if you mean the Rockwall at Coyote Point I believe since it's the weekend there will be an entrance fee opposed to fisherman's park. I don't think the action has reached that far south in the bay yet so personally out of the two I would choose fisherman's park since it's free access and around the same vicinity.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, good to know. I need to attend a Dance Competition near there both Saturday and Sunday. Gives me a chance to get away from the theater.

6. Likes QueenAnnesRevenge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing near SFO airport area to be blunt. I must say the action is far and few. Jacksmelt, jacksmelt, maybe out of 10 ish rods I only heard of A shovelnose being caught. Maybe a shaker halibut and that's about it. Even the sharks and bat rays are eluding our offerings.

Post Thanks / Like

Need to be in San Mateo this weekend. Is Coyote Point worth fishing?

I need to be in San Mateo with the wife for an event. Should I bring a pole? Doing some research, do I fish the marina rock wall or Fisherman’s Park?