Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with bank fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by gary bethel View Post
    Watched the Fish Sniffer video and it doesn't look like things have changed much. Types of line and types of bait, but the rig is the same. Instead of a bullet sinker I used a casting bubble so I could control depth with more or less water and it was less likely to snag bottom. Worked especially well on weeding bottoms. When it warms up and thaws out we'll be giving it a try. Thanks for the info.
    Those video's are great, right now the fish over here are looking for food on the bottom. So a short leader on a sliding sinker is working best right now. Those fish feed head down in the weeds/moss that lives through the winter above. The two that I caught last week were hooked on the corner of the jaw, this indicated to me that they were munching on the Gulp and my small treble was imbedded in the corner of the mouth. The hook is only about 18 inches away from the barrel swivel, that puts the bait right in front of the fishe's face and smell/taste senses.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Watched the Fish Sniffer video and it doesn't look like things have changed much. Types of line and types of bait, but the rig is the same. Instead of a bullet sinker I used a casting bubble so I could control depth with more or less water and it was less likely to snag bottom. Worked especially well on weeding bottoms. When it warms up and thaws out we'll be giving it a try. Thanks for the info.

3. Likes Jetspray, redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They own property at Bear Valley and we will be staying there so we will fish lake in that vicinity.
    Open bail reel, good rods, sliding sinker set up (main line, barrel type sliding sinker, small bead, swivel only, leader to hook short (fish eat close to bottom), hook treble no larger than size 14 to hold dough, Gulp Berkley Power bait Chunky Chartreuse and Orange pulp colors about the size of a dime or smaller in a ball. I know that Gulp is more expensive in cost but it has more scent (55% more). It was what I used on the 28th of Feb. on Topaz Lake to catch a almost 6 lb trout with a $100 tag on it........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfin View Post
    How far you willing to go the mother lode lakes are a good bet !!!! BF

They own property at Bear Valley and we will be staying there so we will fish lake in that vicinity.

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two young grandsons that want to fish and I have not bank fished in 50 years so I need to be undated on equipment and methods to catch some trout in the lake. Last time I bait fished from bank my kids were little and they are now over 50 so give me some help so I can gets q these young ones on an enjoyable fishing trip and hopefully catch a few fish.
    Thanks very much.

How far you willing to go the mother lode lakes are a good bet !!!! BF

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with bank fishing.

I have two young grandsons that want to fish and I have not bank fished in 50 years so I need to be undated on equipment and methods to catch some trout in the lake. Last time I bait fished from bank my kids were little and they are now over 50 so give me some help so I can get these young ones on an enjoyable fishing trip and hopefully catch a few fish.
    Thanks very much.

12. Likes bigfin, Jetspray liked this post