Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saturday SJ report...

Quote Originally Posted by DBoardfox View Post
    I was on TMS when that tanker went through and it did shut things down for a bit. Water temps keep creeping up even with this rain. Hopefully this weekend is when they arrive in numbers. I will be back out again this weekend.
    Yep, the temp is going up, and the water is looking good.
    I'll be out there somewhere too.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on TMS when that tanker went through and it did shut things down for a bit. Water temps keep creeping up even with this rain. Hopefully this weekend is when they arrive in numbers. I will be back out again this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

looking forward to the big ones moving in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsa2780 View Post
    I tried the delta on both sides today. Only found fish on the San Joaquin side around weedbeds and flats on the high switch. They were eating steelhead but nothing big, usual sized keeper males.

I had a day on the West Bank back in November where one of those huge freighters came through and ruined the water. I had a 30#+ fish follow a bait moments before it plowed through. The water was ruined as were my hopes of getting that one to bite again.

Good to see the water temps rising again. Hope this rain doesn’t switch things up too much. Thanks for the report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the terrian where most of my fish came from was the rocks. Maybe the rocks are warmer and the crawdads hang out there.
    The location that produced was SJ and 3 mile.

Waiting for some spring schoolies to start moving through. Only got one jig bite that day.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the delta on both sides today. Only found fish on the San Joaquin side around weedbeds and flats on the high switch. They were eating steelhead but nothing big, usual sized keeper males.

I had a day on the West Bank back in November where one of those huge freighters came through and ruined the water. I had a 30#+ fish follow a bait moments before it plowed through. The water was ruined as were my hopes of getting that one to bite again.

Good to see the water temps rising again. Hope this rain doesn’t switch things up too much. Thanks for the report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Saturday SJ report...

Stared out early on Saturday at the Eddos area, also hit the West bank, Frank tracts, and 3 mile slough. The water was clear , about 2 ft in all the areas I traveled. The water, junk free until the large coast guard boat and the commerical freighter came by.... .. water temp in all areas was at 54* f. Nice day with overcast and no wind. No keepers today except for one nice Blackbass. Couldn't buy a keeper, I did however hooked up 16 shakers, which is still fun for me. Most of them were on Rattlers, crawfish color. Don't know where the big fish are, i will have to keep covering water.
    Its all good.

7. Likes dsa2780, FastGM3, RideNfish liked this post