Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Brand/Model of Waders?

A little more than you were wanting to spend but Dryft makes awesome waders for their price point. https://dryftfishing.com/shop/s14-adrenaline-wader/ are 250 and are an extremely great value. I have their zipper fronts ( Primo's) and i absolutely love them.

I used to wear a pair of the white river ( i think?) waders from bass pro and they served me fairly well for the past 4 years. I had to repair the crotch which is more my fault for being fat and trying to do things in them i shouldnt. The only thing i did not like about them though is that they are/were double front on the material with some drain holes.. well those drain holes actually allowed the legs to fill up with water in that pocket that was created and it makes it a little sketchy in the river when you have an extra 40/50lbs of water strapped to your legs..

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a pair of cabelas breathables that have been beat up pretty good and have held. up really well

Post Thanks / Like

Good input J_W.......but you know I have to look cool with my $400 Loomis rod, $300 shimano reel, and $600 Simms waders...hahahaha If I don't catch anything at least I look cool!

Joking aside what J_W said has a lot of merit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J_W View Post
    . Once they smell like a goat or spring a leak they go in the trash and I buy another.

J W
    Hahahahahahahahahaha .

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever the cheap brand of breathable waders from BPS is. I can buy 8 pairs of them for the price of one pair of Simms waders and I don't have to worry about tearing a hole in them, cleaning them or patching them. Once they smell like a goat or spring a leak they go in the trash and I buy another. Also they are cheap enough to always have a backup pair on hand in an emergency. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement on the river I'm trying to out fish the fruitcakes that are there to make a fashion statement!

J W

6. Likes chubbswheeler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    So what is everyone’s opinion on waders built with boots vs. separate?? My first pair of waders had boots separate with the felt soles. Since then I have always bought the neos with boots built in. What are the advantages / disadvantages of each?? Like I said I am looking at a pair of Simms to be used strictly for fishing and I like the boots built it but can be swayed the other direction
    I prefer them separate. I take care of my Simms breathable waders, rinse them after each use and hang them to dry. This keeps creases from forming in the material. Its usually the creases that cause leaks. For me, its the boots that take a beating so I go with quality waders and less expensive boots. If your waders have boots built in and the boot wears out or you hole the waders beyond repair, you have replace the entire pair again. I've had waders last for 10 years and only had to replace the worn out boots 3 times. Way cheaper in the long run to go separate. I prefer the Felt sole boot. They seem to stick much better on the slippery rocks than lug type soles. The Cabelas Wade Lite's come with studs you can add for added traction too. You can catch these boots on sale several times a year for $49.99.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

8. Likes Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know some guys who use hitek or other hiking boots. Just gotta size up a bit. Maybe 2 full sizes. I also suggested maybe popping a few drain holes under the arch? Haven't done it but don't sound too bad....

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pair of Orvis Guide wadders and I love them. They are at the high end of your price range but worth it. However, boots will add an additional $150 or so to the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Not advantage or disadvantage, it is all about what you can afford.now you said neo. Im sure for winter steelhead thats fine .. Summer???No way Jose unless you are trying to loose weight and cramp up trying . ever get out of neos in summer after a good sweat. trust me you will smell more than just your toes!!!! when you take them off

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

So what is everyone’s opinion on waders built with boots vs. separate?? My first pair of waders had boots separate with the felt soles. Since then I have always bought the neos with boots built in. What are the advantages / disadvantages of each?? Like I said I am looking at a pair of Simms to be used strictly for fishing and I like the boots built it but can be swayed the other direction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast