Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Brand/Model of Waders?

200+ id just go for the simms....no reason to go cheap if you have the money to spend.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QueenAnnesRevenge View Post
    550 cord for your boot laces

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Thanks, ill check those out.

Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Currently im running Redington Sonic Pro breathables with Redington Skagit boots. Pretty solid setup that im really happy with for whatever thats worth.

Anybody have recommendations for boot laces? Mine seem to get frayed every few months. Thought about taking a rat tail file to the upper eyelets to maybe smooth them out out a bit. I usually carry a spare set in my pack, just in case. The one day I dont have laces is the day theyre giving up the ghost.
    550 cord for your boot laces

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Currently im running Redington Sonic Pro breathables with Redington Skagit boots. Pretty solid setup that im really happy with for whatever thats worth.

Anybody have recommendations for boot laces? Mine seem to get frayed every few months. Thought about taking a rat tail file to the upper eyelets to maybe smooth them out out a bit. I usually carry a spare set in my pack, just in case. The one day I dont have laces is the day theyre giving up the ghost.

Post Thanks / Like

Simms. Price sucks but durability is unmatched. My dad just replaced a pair he bought in 1992.

6. Likes gb steel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to boots, my Simms Freestones have been absolutely bulletproof for 8+ years. For waders, nothing is indestructible so I look for a manufacturer with a good warranty and good service record. My last two pairs have been Dan Bailey and they have performed well and the service has been great.

In terms of the post above that mentioned Loomis and Shimano as a way to look cool...see comment above about good service. Ill pay extra for something if I know the company stands behind what they sell. Both Loomis and Shimano have been amazing when it comes to customer service, and they make a great product too.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

8. Likes Plug-n-Jug, SteelHunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefanoflo View Post
    Bottom line is trial and error.learn as you go look for deals what you can afford. if your going to run into Bushes with spikes kget a really good pair.will they keep from getting holes and tears??NO. but if you take care of what you get you should get 2-3 -4 years from them .I got allens for my first year at Fishermans ware house in manteca and they laste 2 years . did i need to Patch them because of holes yea I did but at 89.00 I wanted to learn what I wanted. Now i have Frogg Toggs Helbender in a Medium stout for 99.00 I`m going on 3 years. but I am looking for another Backup pair so I can alternate them every other trip. and at 99.00 a pair and get 3 years if not more that's 30.00 a year so far. bass pro has them on sale , but buy a pair for 100.00 or so see what you like ans learn from there and you will find what you want. and boots are an extra 100.00 . some rivers ban felt and if you travel and fish some rivers ban felt too. Sticky rubber type bottom is good. or a Vibram rubber soles that Simms have on there boots are good but not cheap!!

Hope that helps..also Pockets thats another story of how many Pockets do you want!!!!!
    I have a pair of FrogToggs Canyons in their 3rd year. I've had to repair a few leaks the last year. Only paid $70 a few yrs ago.

I might try the FrogToggs Pilots at $159 or just bite the bullet and try the low end Simms?

Still not sure, lots of choices out there.......

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bottom line is trial and error.learn as you go look for deals what you can afford. if your going to run into Bushes with spikes kget a really good pair.will they keep from getting holes and tears??NO. but if you take care of what you get you should get 2-3 -4 years from them .I got allens for my first year at Fishermans ware house in manteca and they laste 2 years . did i need to Patch them because of holes yea I did but at 89.00 I wanted to learn what I wanted. Now i have Frogg Toggs Helbender in a Medium stout for 99.00 I`m going on 3 years. but I am looking for another Backup pair so I can alternate them every other trip. and at 99.00 a pair and get 3 years if not more that's 30.00 a year so far. bass pro has them on sale , but buy a pair for 100.00 or so see what you like ans learn from there and you will find what you want. and boots are an extra 100.00 . some rivers ban felt and if you travel and fish some rivers ban felt too. Sticky rubber type bottom is good. or a Vibram rubber soles that Simms have on there boots are good but not cheap!!

Hope that helps..also Pockets thats another story of how many Pockets do you want!!!!!

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

I like redington sonic pro.

Post Thanks / Like

A little more than you were wanting to spend but Dryft makes awesome waders for their price point. https://dryftfishing.com/shop/s14-adrenaline-wader/ are 250 and are an extremely great value. I have their zipper fronts ( Primo's) and i absolutely love them.

I used to wear a pair of the white river ( i think?) waders from bass pro and they served me fairly well for the past 4 years. I had to repair the crotch which is more my fault for being fat and trying to do things in them i shouldnt. The only thing i did not like about them though is that they are/were double front on the material with some drain holes.. well those drain holes actually allowed the legs to fill up with water in that pocket that was created and it makes it a little sketchy in the river when you have an extra 40/50lbs of water strapped to your legs..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast