aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Browning X Bolt's

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg View Post
    How are you liking that 6.5? nI'm thinking about taking the plunge.
    My 6.5 is a Grendel and it hits hard. I've thought about building a Creedmore but have decided that if I was going to do something like that I would go to a Weatherby 6.5-300. In reality I probably would not do that either but instead go with a Weatherby
    270 Magnum. The only reason for that is that I can get it in Weatherby Laser Mark V which in my opinion is one of the prettiest rifles made.

2. Likes QueenAnnesRevenge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Browning X Bolt's

How are you liking that 6.5? nI'm thinking about taking the plunge.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Browning X Bolt's

Not sure how many of you have been looking at new rifles lately but I thought I'd let you in on a little secret. The Browning X-Bolt's are awesome. I bought a X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed in 300 WSM a couple of weeks ago and I'm very happy with the way it shoots. The only thing I didn't like at first was the stock but I figure I can always change that if I want. Yesterday, I bought a X-Bolt White Gold Medallion in 7mm Remington Magnum. I haven't got it yet because I had to order it, (Cabela's). I had 300.00 in rewards so I got the rifle for right around 1,000.00. This fills out my Western Nevada bolt action hunting rifle collection. I now have the Winchester Model 70 Featherweight 30-06, The first X-Bolt in 300 WSM and now the second X-Bolt in 7mm mag.

The 30-06 is my go to but I have a feeling that the 7mm will soon surpass it. The 300WSM is sort of a universal rifle and it will knock down just about anything within 300 yards (400 is pushing it). It does shoot flatter than the 30-06 which I would rarely ever push past 250 yards. The 7mm Mag will go 500 yards no problem and will probably be what I'll use for Elk and Sheep.

I already have a 6.5 and a .308 so that's why I did not go with 7mm-08 (necked down .308). Both of those are on AR platforms and just too dang heavy to lug around. They're great for chasing Coyotes though so they have their place in the back of the jeep during desert runs.

New Rifle:
    Browning X-Bolt White Gold Medallion small.jpg
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 04-02-2018 at 07:35 AM.

5. Likes Yearroundfisherman liked this post