Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monterey opener?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostfish_slayer View Post
    my last two trips,,, yesterday and saturday.. limits for 2,,, done early am with many shakers and a few dropped..
    Nice wrk

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

my last two trips,,, yesterday and saturday.. limits for 2,,, done early am with many shakers and a few dropped..
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

3. Likes QueenAnnesRevenge, nayr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff guys

Post Thanks / Like

yeah like right now.. left them biting when wind picked up...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

6. Likes MKE, nayr, KERPOW liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to get back out there. My buddy and I came back with 2 each and their so tasty I only have 3 more meals left.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

some from last week...
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Likes MKE, QueenAnnesRevenge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

its been firing... fish about 12 average and very good quality fish for this early... thank you c dory crew from Montero for saving my ass from the breakers at moss mile yesterday...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh to be young again!!! I can barely drag myself out of bed at 8:00 to drive to Moss Landing from Los Gatos to catch a few sand dabs anymore. Congrats on your fish, you sure earned them. Hopefully the water will be a little better on your next trip.

12. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we got back at 01:00 this morning. It was a good trip all together so here is how it went.

Saturday day 1 we woke up at 0:400 with pouring rain and winds exceeding 25 knots on 9 foot swells. We took our time getting ready knowing it was supposed to clear and the winds were going to die down. We got to Moss Landing at 0:730 and drove right to the north jetty and were amazed. Not only 9 foot + swells with 4 foot of wind chop on top (not unexpected) but their was quite a few boats trying to make it out. All the boats we saw try to get out tuned around some in the harbor and a few out side. So we went to breakfast and waited it out. Finally we made it out at 10:30 with very rough seas but totally doable. Got out to our way points from many years of going. Got one right away on a watermelon apex. Then the rest of the day we lost 4 near the boat all on bait.

Sunday day 2 we woke at 05:00 with 11 foot+ swells but the winds were not nearly as bad. We decided to head to some other way points because of the lack of bait from the day before for one on bait, one shaker, and then I finally got a big one well over 20 pounds right at the boat and then BAM a fur bag took it with all my gear. Then here came the wind chop on top of the big swells. We had one more get unbuttoned at the boat it's challenging to fight fish in those conditions.

Monday day 3 slept in until 06:00 woke up to 7 foot swells with a little wind but the nicest morning yet. Launched out of Monterey at 09:15 and we headed to our rockfish way points off Pebble Beach and got our fish buy 14:30. So we decided to make a big move to where we heard of some limits of salmon the day before. Got there at 15:00 and got set up for some salmon trolling. Right away we found the bait and a lot of it. Droped down and got one right away. While my buddy was rerigging the other rod get hit and one more in the boat both on bait. We trolled around for about two hours or so for a few scratched baits knowing we had a long drive ahead we headed on in.

Some chovies.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MKE; 04-10-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer my trip out of HMB cancelled so I'm unable to report back, BUT I saw a few posts from a local guy that limited out for his group of 5!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast