Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips for berryessa?

Back in the day, we used to kill them on a Black/Orange spinnerbait.

2. Likes chubbswheeler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to berryessa at 10 p.m, found a decent turnout and stayed the night in casa de Silverado. We weren't fishing long before my buddy hooked a nice bass on a crawbug only to lose it at his feet. After walking about almost a. Mile without seeing one bedding bass we headed north. One smallmouth and pretty soon we were heading back south. Third spot change and still no fish on beds. Found a lmb at the last spot and called it. Not sure if it was the rain but fish aren't on beds. Also lots of brown water. Capell cove was chocolate milk.

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely good fishing here earlier in the week. Boated over 30 in a half day. Go get'em

5. Likes chubbswheeler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish are on beds everywhere

7. Likes chubbswheeler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tips for berryessa?

Hello all,
    I'll be heading back to Tahoe from cotati and am thinking to stop somewhere to try and catch some bass. I am not fully committed to berry but it seems like a good choice and kinda on my way home. I don't have much time but am planning on heading out tomorrow night and poaching a parking lot to sleep in the camper. I will only be able to fish from sun up to about 1.
    I used to spend a week or more a summer as a kid at Rancho Monte Cello and have great memories of this lake. But it has been so long I wouldn't know where to start with such short time.
    Can anyone help me with some information on where I can find bass from the shore? I suspect they might be spawning now? If you have any knowledge of useful information please do share..... Thanks.
    P.s. I am using a borrowed rod and have no tackle so will be going to 😈Mart to purchase a minimum amount of tackle. Going to use senkos and brush hogs unless you can convince me otherwise?? Thanks sniffers appreciate any feedback!