Post Thanks / Like

Re: The hunt continues....

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    Ok, so I was told that fish were not good to eat out of Clear Lake. The said the mercury levels are crazy.
    Same here. Id try it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    Clear lake is loaded with them. Fished it last Sunday at Clear Lake State Park. Crappie to 13" and Gills to 9". Took the kayak but didn't need it. It was fairly easy pickings using jigs, 1'"of a crawler or meal worms 3-4' under a bobber. Its only getting started there so it will be red hot in a few weeks.

Ok, so I was told that fish were not good to eat out of Clear Lake. The said the mercury levels are crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't sound so bad at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Clear lake is loaded with them. Fished it last Sunday at Clear Lake State Park. Crappie to 13" and Gills to 9". Took the kayak but didn't need it. It was fairly easy pickings using jigs, 1'"of a crawler or meal worms 3-4' under a bobber. Its only getting started there so it will be red hot in a few weeks.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

Post Thanks / Like

They're in Capell cove. Kind of spread out because there is SO much brush for them to spawn in, but when you find a group of them, you can catch every cast. We put a ton of fish in the freezer this past Monday and Tuesday. Not sure how far back you can walk on the shore, but if you could get a canoe or kayak, that's all you would need. I don't have any advice to give for the Delta, from shore. But if I was stuck to the shoreline, I would look for sloughs with bends, where the current slows down. If there's a fallen tree, some other structure, that would be better.

6. Likes MVP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1969glasspar View Post
    Have you tried in cappell cove at lake berryessa? It has the perfect type of cover for them and they should be staging in areas like that to get ready for the spawn. Thats where i would try. Also it is a free day use area so all it would cost is time and gas money to give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    I wanted to catch my first delta crappie. I will look up lake Berryessa and fishing regulations though. I have never fished there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    Ok, so I have been doing my scouting and my homework. I see places that people are catching crappie, but it seems like its only accessible by boat. I know what lures and what live bait to invest in. It still seems difficult to find a location where I can catch them from shore.
    Have you tried in cappell cove at lake berryessa? It has the perfect type of cover for them and they should be staging in areas like that to get ready for the spawn. Thats where i would try. Also it is a free day use area so all it would cost is time and gas money to give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    Guns gave America freedom. Take away our guns and youv'e taken away our freedom. America - guns=Communist country. I can't speak for everyone else but if you take my guns from me It will be after my heart has stopped beating.

Post Thanks / Like

The hunt continues....

Ok, so I have been doing my scouting and my homework. I see places that people are catching crappie, but it seems like its only accessible by boat. I know what lures and what live bait to invest in. It still seems difficult to find a location where I can catch them from shore.