Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Local tackle shops?

[QUOTE=Scheibe Head;1147893]I would find a local Asian fish market close by. Dirt cheap and fresh. We have a ton in Sacramento I'd imagine you would have at least one up there. Whatever you dont use throw in the fryer at the end of the day.

That would be good for soaking chunk bait, but in my experience food quality baitfish even brined is just too soft for trolling. The beauty of frozen "bait quality" bait fish is they are starved before flash freezing so there bodies are tougher and more streamlined.

Post Thanks / Like

I would find a local Asian fish market close by. Dirt cheap and fresh. We have a ton in Sacramento I'd imagine you would have at least one up there. Whatever you dont use throw in the fryer at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IronClad View Post
    Sportsmans warehouse in redding should have all that stuff.
    That's my guess too, I'll give em' a ring!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Try the Fly Shop... Tell them you're looking for chicken livers too....

Only kidding. Fly Shop is world famous and worth a trip to see, but definitely does not carry bait.... Once asked to use a spinning rod on one of their trips and got the proverbial "Guests of the Fly Shop use only fly rods in Fly Shop boats....." Guide wound up being much more down to earth and was a fun trip, but definitely memorable.

Phill's Prop Shop would be my recommendation. Not a lot of sturgeon and striper action up that way, so anchovies and sardines will be few and far between, but you should be some insight in any event.
    Those darn fly fishing purists'! my first time I went in their for some tying materials I asked the guy where the kastmasters and pautzke eggs were? I got the proverbial "are you kidding me", "blasphemy" look! lol but yes I agree it's a great shop.

I need them for trolling for landlocked Kings in shasta it's a common method here so I'm sure I'll find some.

Post Thanks / Like

Try the Fly Shop... Tell them you're looking for chicken livers too....

Only kidding. Fly Shop is world famous and worth a trip to see, but definitely does not carry bait.... Once asked to use a spinning rod on one of their trips and got the proverbial "Guests of the Fly Shop use only fly rods in Fly Shop boats....." Guide wound up being much more down to earth and was a fun trip, but definitely memorable.

Phill's Prop Shop would be my recommendation. Not a lot of sturgeon and striper action up that way, so anchovies and sardines will be few and far between, but you should be some insight in any event.

Post Thanks / Like

Sportsmans warehouse in redding should have all that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I don't live around there. I buy food grade frozen sardines from an Asian grocery store, use most for bait and grandma eats the rest :) you might want to check Yelp to see if there are any such stores in your area.

Post Thanks / Like

I figured I would start calling around, just wanted to know if any sniffers had any perferred places?

Post Thanks / Like
    frui vita et piscium captura
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody?....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast