Post Thanks / Like

Re: Don't forget to flush after Pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    My main and my kicker have flushing ports so I don't have to run the motors. I use the Salt-Away system and it works well.
    I gave Untalan1 my Saltaway stuff, he has a bunch of stuff because he lives in Pacifica. I do not have ports only what I have come up with over the years.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

My main and my kicker have flushing ports so I don't have to run the motors. I use the Salt-Away system and it works well.

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use vinegar from Walmart in a steel garbage can and fill it up to the intake of my kicker. To go through my main motor I have a valve system installed to put a garden hose on the intake side of the cooler, slowly warm up the engine with water running then add vinegar using a Miracle Grow hose end sprayer inline with the water hose, turn it upside down and flush through a couple of gallons of vinegar.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    The pyramid cement is Tufa.
    Super Dave knows that we have had that discussion at the bombfire in the past.......Jetspray

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Salt isn't the primary enemy in Pyramid Lake water. It has a high overall mineral content that fills the motor with Pyramid cement.
    The pyramid cement is Tufa.

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by burninfuel View Post
    Pyramid is I'm told 1/10 of ocean water of salt.
    Walker used to be 10x ocean water, this will plug and outboard motor, I used vinigar( sp) to run thru my honda 50 hp in bucket and foamed alot.
    since then new pump impeller and lowered thermostat to cooler available at dealer, ? 165f ?
    Salt isn't the primary enemy in Pyramid Lake water. It has a high overall mineral content that fills the motor with Pyramid cement.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pyramid is I'm told 1/10 of ocean water of salt.
    Walker used to be 10x ocean water, this will plug and outboard motor, I used vinigar( sp) to run thru my honda 50 hp in bucket and foamed alot.
    since then new pump impeller and lowered thermostat to cooler available at dealer, ? 165f ?

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to flush after Pyramid

Pyramid boaters, dont forget to flush your motors. Its salty and lots of semi dissolved Tufa that will plug up motors.

13. Likes MKE, Jetspray liked this post