Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scratching them out at Camanche 4-14

Good to see that Camanche is still putting out some nice fish👍. Are the fish starting to move down? I am guessing there in the 10 to 20 range?

Nice report!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! I like hearing about others' success at Camanche.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice haul! I didn't have the right color obviously. Hooked seven, came home with only three.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scratching them out at Camanche 4-14 With pics

Great to see Robbie out there! Once we finally found a good spot we kept getting fish on, lost 3, but came home with 9.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Likes EG1120 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scratching them out at Camanche 4-14

We hadn't been to the Big C in a while so we headed out. We got a little bit of a late start and were fishing a little after 7:30.
    We started out by the Hats and the dam and it was tuff. We saw Robbie and he said purple. Froggie changed and boom fish-on. She managed 2 before we changed location.

We trolled from the middle of the lake through the narrows and back again...nothing! by now it is almost 3:00 and we decide to do a circle in the middle of the lake and troll in. We saw Robbie again and he said try watermelon. I did.

Suddenly the bite was on. Between 3:30 and 5:00 we got into 11 trout and managed to boat 7. All but one were on a purple spoon (a no name spoon we got as part of a lure making kit..purple and copper) and a watermelon Needle Fish. The one other (ldr) was a purple cracked ice Criplure.
    We gave up at 5:30...never got that devil fish. judy caught the first and most...I got the biggest. 9 decent fish and several ldr's is the best day of fishing for us in several months...thanks Robbie. Out of 13 fish on, 12 were on the colors you suggested!

Froggie, sorry I got so grouchy at 9:00 when I was still fileting fish...totally my bad!

See you out there
    Tortuga

I think Froggie has some pics.

7. Likes twack liked this post