Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Central Valley regs ....... Screwed again

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    Not quite, 1 oz. weight, ten foot leader with a bb shot 6' above the hook. GET IT!
    bring your check book. You are going to need it if caught using that configuration.....

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite, 1 oz. weight, ten foot leader with a bb shot 6' above the hook. GET IT!
    Taken directly from CA DFG reg's Article 1-2.05, "It shall be unlawful to use any configuration of fishing tackle in anadromous waters unless the distance between the terminal hook or terminal lure and any weight attached to the line or leader, whether fixed or sliding, is less than six feet."
    Last edited by Datster_2000; 05-18-2018 at 06:52 AM. Reason: additional terms

3. Likes IronClad liked this post
    Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is now an illegal leader

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

5. Likes Troutbead liked this post
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjb View Post
    I’d like to see the rod setup that’ll throw a B.B. shot 6’ before the hook. Better buy a flimsy fly rod with a high line capacity reel that’ll throw low lb rated line far enough to “floss”.

7. Likes MrRoss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, ONE BB shot, six foot above the hook on ANY size leader, IS legal. It says " ANY weight". So, floss on! Just make sure your bb shot don't slide up from the six foot mark!!
    I’d like to see the rod setup that’ll throw a B.B. shot 6’ before the hook. Better buy a flimsy fly rod with a high line capacity reel that’ll throw low lb rated line far enough to “floss”.

Post Thanks / Like

easy Read ,Easy Reg to Follow. Whats the Problem .Flossers Can`t read????
    You all have to make the Change,Life works in That Matter, we that really Catch fish, make changes and SACRIFICES That IS why we Really Catch them . Hook, Line and Sinker within a 6 foot range!

FISH ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

10. Likes TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, ONE BB shot, six foot above the hook on ANY size leader, IS legal. It says " ANY weight". So, floss on! Just make sure your bb shot don't slide up from the six foot mark!!
    Keep reading...
    When it says "any weight OR leader" that little or is pretty important in this context.
    That OR means overall leader length, not distance between weights.
    Good thing you can floss with 6' leaders

SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IronClad View Post
    You should do a lot of research since you don't even know what the actual leader length is supposed to be..

13. Dislikes Troutbead disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=BIG_ONE;1148527]
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenAnnesRevenge View Post

Lol...Oregon, not from harvesting, but from effort of removal. You should tell IUNC to update the "California" sealions to threatened instead (the ones that is actually making damages to the Western states). Tons of research studies upon California sealions growth in correlation with the decreased population of salmons, not really hard to find those published studies, it can be found on a search engine called Google.

http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/41666/0

Yea...
    Causation vs correlation

There were also more Republican presidents elected during the salmon collapse therefore Republicans caused the salmon collapse

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=QueenAnnesRevenge;1148468]
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ONE View Post
    Sea lions has co-existed for thousands of years...yes, so did sea lions hunting. Take that away, what do you get? I've seen sea lions as far up the AR as the wall. Poor ocean environment produces poor salmon population? I don't know what to say about that, ocean salmon fishing has been decent for quite some time, at least in my experience. Look at places where they have some of the best fishery and how they deal with the sea lions, instead of just letting them roam free because they're "protected", I don't recall them being on the red list of endangered species; as matter fact, they are on the least concern (LC) list, go

Name a "best fishery" that harvest sea lions on the west coast and isn't experiencing lower than normal returns.

Fisheries from Washington, B.C and Alaska are closed this year. How is it those bc and Alaska fish, with no dams or sea lions imperiled to the point of closure? Must be the orcas and the Grizzlies

Ocean fishing has been decent...
    Decently closed areas
    Decently restricted or limited commercial season
    Decent shot at zone closures

Eastern sea lions were delisted in 2013, but are still considered threatened. Western sea lions are still esa listed

Lol...Oregon, not from harvesting, but from effort of removal. You should tell IUNC to update the "California" sealions to threatened instead (the ones that is actually making damages to the Western states). Tons of research studies upon California sealions growth in correlation with the decreased population of salmons, not really hard to find those published studies, it can be found on a search engine called Google.

http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/41666/0

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast