Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 2101 Striper Hard top 5.0 Gxie / 8 hp Yamaha High Thrust

thatis asatifying

Post Thanks / Like

2004 2101 Striper SOLD

I have owned this boat almost 5 years and have invested quite a bit in it so far.
    Trailer: tires, rotors, calipers, pads bearings, seals, and jack. Kicker: start button and impeller.
    Sx outdrive: replaced trim cylinders and lines. Gimbal, bellows checked and u-joints serviced. Engine: Fuel cell (pumps), risers/manifolds.

Now the rub, after finding low compression during trouble shooting, then pulling the heads, and finding pitted pistons, bad valves, blown head gasket, I decided to have the engine removed and rebuilt. Well turns out it wasn’t rebuildable due to cracked heads and general poor condition of the block.

Now it needs a new long block. I checked around and looks like about 2500 for a remanufactured one. I’m not sure I want to fool with this any longer. I have a new Gregor that doesn’t give me any trouble, other than making payments forever. Owing one hole in the water is bad enough, two is insane…..

So I thought I’d see if anyone else would like to take a crack at it. I’m looking at 10K for the works.

Steve
    IMG_0742.jpgIMG_0740.jpgIMG_0746.jpgIMG_0748.jpg
    Last edited by Eagle20; 04-27-2018 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Boat Sold