Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rio Vista Tues 4-24

Next week looks like the weather will be better for stripers. the wind is going away and I will hit it again after we get this house painted.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh we'll be back...put the riggers back on for a skunk at Melones today...time to chase some stripers.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys had a good day fishing. We ended up with 3 about the same size and that was it for use. Nice talking to you on the radio hope to see you out there one more time before you move. Ty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tortuga View Post
    Well we got out there Tues morning, launched downtown around 7:30 and started trolling down the west bank. It was the start of the incoming so things were looking good. Red and white seemed to be most people's choice with most doing a shallow diver run. We heard someone else running a deep diver like 26 feet back at the same time. We tried that....nothing. there were a few fish being caught but nothing steady. I decided to try something different and ran a purple deep bbr and boom I had a 20 inch keeper. We had a few passes and started seeing fish out deeper so we went to deep divers. My red head gets hammered and I have a strong fish on....I got him to the boat and he really went nutz..ran off 30 feet and was gone. SDR!

The tide went slack and we went scouting and ended up south of the power lines. We dropped in as the outgoing started and head up river...Froggie says it is her turn and puts out her favorite..a red head with silver and chartreuse deep diver...were running in about 15 feet of water. and her reel screams...for about 5 seconds and then quits...short strike...we check the worm and put it back. Suddenly her rod goes off (and it sticks this time) and after a really fun battle she lets me net her first of the day...a fat 21 incher...two in the box!

We just keep heading north and a few minutes later her rod goes again....this one feels stronger she says! Sure enough! Froggie finishes up her day with a nice 22 1/2 inch keeper.

We keep heading up and troll as far as Sandy Beach and call it a day. A really nice day!

We end up with 3 keepers, 1 ldr, 2 or 3 short strikes and one worm stealer...another great day on the water! We stayed on the west bank, all fish on deep divers, speed was pretty fast...up to 4.5 with the tide...usually around 3 mph. One on purple, one on a red and white, two on a red & white & chartreuse. 2 on the incoming and 2 on the outgoing (counting the sdr) Got a little windy, there were lots of boats in the morning, and water was fairly clear...the farther north we got the more grass but nothing terrible.

Maybe our slump is ending. In two weeks we've boated 9 at Camanche, 25 at Pedro, and now we get into some stripers. Dave you're right, this retirement gig is ok!

see you out there,
    Tortuga

Froggie has the pics
    Good outing...always love your great detailed reports!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fishing, I throw myself away and find myself again and again.

5. Likes froggie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Woke up at 3:00am, left the house at 4:14am, got to the Flying J in Lodi by 6:15am. Another great fishing & catching day!! Weather was beautiful, breakfast sausage cheese muffin & coffee hit the spot, No Apple Fritters this trip...had to settle for Cinnabuns (dry & too messy for the boat).

With the house under contract, we have now been able to do some more fishing!! Retirement has sure been great for us together!
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Likes CDK, TBSP, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rio Vista Tues 4-24

Well we got out there Tues morning, launched downtown around 7:30 and started trolling down the west bank. It was the start of the incoming so things were looking good. Red and white seemed to be most people's choice with most doing a shallow diver run. We heard someone else running a deep diver like 26 feet back at the same time. We tried that....nothing. there were a few fish being caught but nothing steady. I decided to try something different and ran a purple deep bbr and boom I had a 20 inch keeper. We had a few passes and started seeing fish out deeper so we went to deep divers. My red head gets hammered and I have a strong fish on....I got him to the boat and he really went nutz..ran off 30 feet and was gone. SDR!

The tide went slack and we went scouting and ended up south of the power lines. We dropped in as the outgoing started and head up river...Froggie says it is her turn and puts out her favorite..a red head with silver and chartreuse deep diver...were running in about 15 feet of water. and her reel screams...for about 5 seconds and then quits...short strike...we check the worm and put it back. Suddenly her rod goes off (and it sticks this time) and after a really fun battle she lets me net her first of the day...a fat 21 incher...two in the box!

We just keep heading north and a few minutes later her rod goes again....this one feels stronger she says! Sure enough! Froggie finishes up her day with a nice 22 1/2 inch keeper.

We keep heading up and troll as far as Sandy Beach and call it a day. A really nice day!

We end up with 3 keepers, 1 ldr, 2 or 3 short strikes and one worm stealer...another great day on the water! We stayed on the west bank, all fish on deep divers, speed was pretty fast...up to 4.5 with the tide...usually around 3 mph. One on purple, one on a red and white, two on a red & white & chartreuse. 2 on the incoming and 2 on the outgoing (counting the sdr) Got a little windy, there were lots of boats in the morning, and water was fairly clear...the farther north we got the more grass but nothing terrible.

Maybe our slump is ending. In two weeks we've boated 9 at Camanche, 25 at Pedro, and now we get into some stripers. Dave you're right, this retirement gig is ok!

see you out there,
    Tortuga

Froggie has the pics
    Last edited by tortuga; 04-25-2018 at 10:45 AM.