Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stripers 4/25

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stripers 4/25

Great job on finding them. I'm having a hard time finding them up river here on the feather recently due to low flows.

Do you know if those are fresh fish coming up?

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done! Ignore Mauldin. Some people just like to make noise. NOTHING wrong with holding the boats total catch by one person. I've done it and then switched with my friend for his shot with the same fish so they can show friends.

Again great job and thanks for sharing.

3. Likes Hookem-up liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report and nice pic. I especially like the American flag in the pic.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

5. Likes Hookem-up liked this post
    Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work
    It's nice to read an actual fishing report sometimes.
    Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

7. Likes Hookem-up liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauldin View Post
    Posting pictures with an over limit on a public forum is a good way to draw attention to yourself...

Hahaha,,classic,,,gregg

9. Likes Hookem-up liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing_nutt3 View Post
    nice job, thanks for the report.

quick question. I noticed you said you had your setback at 80 feet. I run my deep divers at 115 to 120 usually and the shallow divers out to 140-150. Am I missing something here? Is there an advantage to a shorter setback?

Thanks!

No your not missing anything, We started at 90 and 100 setback which wasn't working for us. Started switching it up and for some reason once we hit 80' back the bite happened. Maybe had something to do with tide flow, speed, lure action, depth of lure.
    If you think you have a bite set the darn hook.

Post Thanks / Like

You're missing the point. Not taking away from him at all, clearly he had a good day of fishing. BTW, no one has to hold a camera to take a picture in this day and age. Technology can either work against you or for you depending on how badly it is you want to thump your chest. To answer your question, the limit on Striped Bass in that body of water is indeed 2 fish....no more guess work involved.

I guess I am not that paranoid. What is the difference of one person taking pictures of 2 limits in a cooler chest and posting. Can that be construed as was there really a second person standing next to them?
    If you think you have a bite set the darn hook.

Post Thanks / Like

You're missing the point. Not taking away from him at all, clearly he had a good day of fishing. BTW, no one has to hold a camera to take a picture in this day and age. Technology can either work against you or for you depending on how badly it is you want to thump your chest. To answer your question, the limit on Striped Bass in that body of water is indeed 2 fish....no more guess work involved.

Quote Originally Posted by CAGWP View Post
    Whats the limit on stripers? I see 4 fish and he said in his post himself and a friend limited so I'm guessing the limit is two each. Someone has to hold the camera is what it looks like to me.

To the original poster, Good job, looks like a fun day and thank you for the report.
    Brad

13. Dislikes Troutbead, CDK, Waterdog, J_W disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting pictures with an over limit on a public forum is a good way to draw attention to yourself...
    Whats the limit on stripers? I see 4 fish and he said in his post himself and a friend limited so I'm guessing the limit is two each. Someone has to hold the camera is what it looks like to me.

To the original poster, Good job, looks like a fun day and thank you for the report.
    Brad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem-up View Post
    Had a great day fishing the San Joaquin for stripers. Launch at Branden Island at 7 am and received news that the San Joaquin was producing a few fish. Started fishing the shoals with Yo zuri redhead deep divers for a shaker here and there. At the top of the flood the bite picked up and boated 16 fish. Ended the day with limits for myself and a friend.

Water temp 63-64 degrees
    Speed 2.5 - 3.5 mph
    Set back 80'
    Location ?? (can't give everything away)

Tight lines y'all

16. Dislikes Troutbead, CDK, Waterdog disliked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast