Post Thanks / Like

Re: Went to San Pablo Res today 5/12

I always liked to fish scow canyon on the west side anchored under the trees and casting straight out with some chartreuse powerbait. Trolling the area in front of the pines was productive with a worm on tow behind flashers. Sounds and looks like you had a great day.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes mikeandkristy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to San Pablo Res today 5/12

12615C70-8340-4922-9736-EA1CDB90FF47.jpg

Day started slow, spent a good couple hours trolling for 1 good hit no stick. Eventually anchored in Scow Canyon and cast out bait, but with the wind the boat was swinging like all around the anchor. Pulled up our lines and we had a fish that had bit on a micetail... had two other hooks down his throat with line coming off, so I tried one of those cheapo red “hook removal tools” that I found a couple days earlier, wow, and it worked! Decided to drift some micetails on a Carolina rig and just let em drag along and got 1 more right away, both 13”... then it turned off a d we were getting hung up on junk on the bottom. Went back to trolling.... needlefish on the downrigger 20ft and a Speedy Shiner behind a 1oz keel sinker. The speedy shiner got hit and my son got a decent 15” fish. The wind was really bad so we trolled our way back and my sons speedy shiner gets nailed again, this time a nice 3 1/2 lb trout. No more bites on our way in... not a bad day of hookie from work for me.

B3478905-2AB8-4067-8FBD-2B893D6FEEFD.jpg
    It’s better to be fishing and thinking about God then to be in church thinking about fishing.