Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaver Lake on Mothers Day

absolutely awesome, thank you for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaver Lake on Mothers Day

awesome. Thank you for the report. The smile on your granddaughter face say it all. Great job grandpa!

Post Thanks / Like

Shaver Lake on Mothers Day

Got some fishing in on Mother's Day. The trip was a bit of a milestone because we took our granddaughter on her first Kokanee trip. Allison is three and is diagnosed with Autism and also has a significant speech disorder that hinders her ability to formulate compete words or sentences. We started off the day a little later than usual and planned to fish for two or three hours. We stayed for three and it was one of the most blessed events of my life. My granddaughter just loved the day and was so responsive to the environment and the whole outing. She spoke with a degree of clarity and interacted with everyone on board in a manner that she typically only reserves for her mother. It was by far one of those fishing trips that I will remember for the rest of my life. The fishing was great but the company was even better!

Just take a moment and think about how something as simple as a day on a boat fishing (which many of us take for granted) can bring out the behavior of a typical child for a child who normally has extreme difficulty expressing those appropriate behaviors. In a small but important way the day reminded me of the joy that fishing can bring when you are not stressed about catching or targeting bigger fish and just enjoy the opportunity for my family to enjoy each other's company as a family should. The cooler kept getting filled with fish and every time a fish was added... Allison was right there to count them all! The video is just a short clip but the full video is going to be uploaded later tonight.

https://youtu.be/s95W520VH08
    full video:
    https://youtu.be/VwLGHiqn6t8

IMG_4982.jpg
    IMG_3546.jpg
    IMG_4913.jpg
    IMG_4939.jpg
    IMG_3555.jpg

Last edited by acldo6390; 05-14-2018 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added video link