Thread: 108 scout

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 108 scout

Yes the road to the day use area and ramp are still closed. The gate is locked. The ranger station said it's supposed to be fixed by December when I called last week.

2. Likes cutbow_master, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Havent actually tried to get in there this year but the latest Ive heard is the campground is open but the day use area and launch ramp will not be accessible this year.

4. Likes cutbow_master liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has the road to ramp been fixed yet at Beardsley?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saizo View Post
    I was wondering about that road. I drove down it last year. Maybe just not far enough. The little creek that I did see was too low to fish. Hopefully that wasn't the stani lol. It was a trickle and about 6-8in deep
    Gee I hope that wasnt the staini. Usually flowing pretty good this time of year. It comes out of Lyons Res. about 2 miles above. They hold it back sometimes and it can get low in the summer. So. Fork Rd becomes a well maintained dirt road for about the last 4 miles. Then you come down to a bridge that crosses the river. On the other side of the bridge the road forks and the lower road along the river will take you to Columbia in about 23 miles. The upper road which becomes paved for about 1/2 mile takes you to a church camp. Turns back to dirt at that point and eventually takes you into the back of Lyons Res. Not to sure if that is still accessible. Used to need 4wd when we went up there years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TBSP View Post
    Thanks for the very nice pictures and report. I grew up fishing that little canal. Its called Lyons Canal, I think. We used to call it the ditch. The parents of a kid I grew up with had a cabin that backed up to it and we were up there almost every weekend during trout season in my grade school years. Easy 10 fish limits back then. One year they planted Dolly Varden in there. Neat little bonus. Caught a 17 brown in there once too. Sometimes we would take the 5 mile drive down So. Fork Rd to the Stanislaus River. Used to do well down there. Been a lot of years since Ive been there. Good childhood memories.
    I was wondering about that road. I drove down it last year. Maybe just not far enough. The little creek that I did see was too low to fish. Hopefully that wasn't the stani lol. It was a trickle and about 6-8in deep

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the very nice pictures and report. I grew up fishing that little canal. Its called Lyons Canal, I think. We used to call it the ditch. The parents of a kid I grew up with had a cabin that backed up to it and we were up there almost every weekend during trout season in my grade school years. Easy 10 fish limits back then. One year they planted Dolly Varden in there. Neat little bonus. Caught a 17 brown in there once too. Sometimes we would take the 5 mile drive down So. Fork Rd to the Stanislaus River. Used to do well down there. Been a lot of years since Ive been there. Good childhood memories.

9. Likes dilbeck, saizo, Waterdog, chubbswheeler liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post. Those are nice pictures and a nice mess of trout.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

11. Likes mkelly56 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

108 scout

Headed up 108 over the weekend. First stop was pinecrest. Nothing happening there. Over the strawberry bridge on the stani the water was raging. Didn't fish there. On to Beardsley to fish the barbless section. Beardsley is full and spilling over. Managed one brown about 14 in. Got hooked trying to take a pic lol so no picture. Really windy at all the spots. Checked on my cousins family cabin in twain Harte and stopped at the local canal for a quick limit on salmon eggs. Talking to the locals, the fish this year have to come all the way from Fresno. They meet them half way. So stocking will be half the fish and half as many plants. Everybody is just happy they are getting any fish with the moccasin creek hatchery flooding.