Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone fishing Carson river Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    Slow day day for everyone I talked to. But with that said still enjoyed a day out on the water!

Sorry about the Carson it is pretty grim. CDFW as of this time is not scheduled for stocking on the Carson or W. Walker pre Memorial Day. Warmer days and T-storms are driving up flows some. Not sure if Alpine County is going to stock the Carsons next week. Like last year the county stocking may go into ICR.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

2. Likes jb fishing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well in my opinion there are absolutely no fish left in the West Carson. After 5 hours of throwing everything in the box from flies, worms, spinners, eggs, and the kitchen sink I caught nothing. So if I couldnt catch anything I am pretty sure there are no trout left....joking of course!!!

ended the day at Red Lake for about a hour and got 1 cutt maybe 13-14 on power bait.

Slow day day for everyone I talked to. But with that said still enjoyed a day out on the water!

4. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Anyone fishing Carson river Saturday?

Good food and a bunch of beers on tap in Minden. They also have a deli and good meat that you can take home and BBQ
    It is a great place to get local beef as well, make the order and they will fill it, prime rib and other great cuts....Jetspray

http://www.mindenmeat.com/

http://www.mindenmeat.com/menu.html
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope so. If not Ill be at Red Lake and then Minden Meat Market for a late lunch or early dinner...!!!
    I think the Meat Market has a beer fest going on. I'll be at ICR tomorrow. Stocker Fest next week.
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

I usually get a burger and then a few bottles for when I get home. No use in getting a dui on a fishing trip ya know

9. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks but that is in the opposite direction of home lol. I usually grab something to snack on and drink in markleeville to donate some dollars to one of my favorite little road trip trout towns. Then I stop in for dinner and get a burger at burger in lounge in south lake Tahoe or pizza at Bob dogs pizza food pizza and they have good beer for the beer drinkers but I dont partake anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

11. Likes RideNfish, jb fishing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good food and a bunch of beers on tap in Minden. They also have a deli and good meat that you can take home and BBQ

13. Likes CAL.NDN, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's this minden market you speak of?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so. If not Ill be at Red Lake and then Minden Meat Market for a late lunch or early dinner...!!!

16. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after a couple buddies had to cancel this weekend I am heading to the West Carson (88 & 89 bridge) on Saturday. Anyone else going to be up there? Ill be solo and plan on hiking down river a bit to get away from the crowds. Just thought I would see if anyone else is going to be out there.

Probably next week. Cooler river have the river in good shape.

CC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast