Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berryessa mothers day.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSP View Post
    I also have a little fridge in the garage for worms and beer. After waiting until the day before fishing to buy worms, and drawing a blank a couple times, I learned my lesson.
    I started it sometime in 2002 when I bought my truck/camper combo new. I had a small 14ft Gamefisher and fished locally all the time, just got tired of bad bait in small containers. I ordered worms from Canada and started working with them to keep them alive, learned a bunch from that time about worms, temps, food, bedding and everything else about them. I am sure that the couple that bought my Fremont Ca place cannot realize why they have so many worms in their garden and lawns........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    You should put a small fridge in the garage for beer and fishing worms, I have done that for years, I have bedding that I mix in with the worm box bedding, water, food, and supplemental oils. They keep for months and when they start to look bad I just add them in the garden and start over........Jetspray
    I also have a little fridge in the garage for worms and beer. After waiting until the day before fishing to buy worms, and drawing a blank a couple times, I learned my lesson.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW M&K very nice pic's and story.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Tracker View Post
    Nice pictures as always.
    I've noticed that in most of your posts and pictures
    your trolling with hoochies for the trout.
    Do you tip your hooks with anything?
    Bigger hoochies, bigger trout, like Pyramid LCT, however do not try to put anything on like a spray or smear or bait,that is a no no.........Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Berryessa mothers day.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeandkristy View Post
    Thanks! When we remember to pick up worms we will use them. Trout also like shoe peg corn like the kokes do.
    Kristy.
    You should put a small fridge in the garage for beer and fishing worms, I have done that for years, I have bedding that I mix in with the worm box bedding, water, food, and supplemental oils. They keep for months and when they start to look bad I just add them in the garden and start over........Jetspray

8. Likes TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Tracker View Post
    Nice pictures as always.
    Thanks! When we remember to pick up worms we will use them. Trout also like shoe peg corn like the kokes do.
    Kristy.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice pictures as always.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Berryessa mothers day.

Berryessa 5-13-18
    We launched out of Markely cove at 7:30am. Windy, Cold and overcast. Fast trolled all the way from the dam to skiers cove. Lost a nice fish and caught a crappie on a black and gold rapala.
    Had lots of grabs that popped the clip but didn't stick. Most likely more crappie. They were everywhere on the finder.
    By the time we reached skiers cove the skies had cleared but it was still cold and windy. We decided against battling the main lakes chop and instead opted for the slow troll back the way we came.
    Had a few more short strikes on a pink Gvf Lures lil Draggins and Cripplelures. It was 1pm and we're getting pretty hungry so we figured we would call it.
    Mike Pops his rod out of the clip and lets it slowly topline while he attends to the downrigger. Next thing WHAM! It's all bent over and after a few minutes I help him net a nice just shy of 18" trout. Finally the target species. It was caught on a pink hoochie that Mike just tried out of desperation. lol.
    We gave it another 15 minutes and got out of dodge. Had a dope rib eye dinner at the Preserve in Winters.
    A great mother's day in my opinion! But I am easily pleased with fishing and food. lol. Hope y'all gave your mamma's some much deserved love today.
    Until next time...
    M&K FISHING
    Nice trout Mikey!

Windy and crappie.

Super clean!

I ate this fish for lunch today.

Got a couple of new rods and reels courtesy of GvfLures and WillFish Tackle!

Looks warm but I was freezing. Super weird for May.

Snacks.

Cold and grey start.

Main lake getting choppy.