Post Thanks / Like

Re: Indian Creek Res, (ICR) 05/15.

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    Thanks for the report CC. Looked to be a great day, rain and all.

I've never seen nor heard of that Yellow-headed Blackbird? Going to find out more about it.

They live much like redwing black birds, in wetland type environments. They are here in my back yard at the feeders spring thru early fall......Jetspray

https://www.google.com/search?q=yell...n1qKySh2MphPM:
    Last edited by Jetspray; 05-16-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post

I've never seen nor heard of that Yellow-headed Blackbird? Going to find out more about it.

Another angle.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Catch ya later ... hooks

5. Likes Captain Compassion, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Indian Creek Res, (ICR) 05/15.

The two hot baits today were from Jeff, Chunky Cheese Gulp (garlic flavor), white/pink mouse tail worked well too. Richard had 3, I had 3 and Jeff I believe had 4 but could be wrong on that. As CC said they were all planters, but the day made up for it until it started to rain, we are supposed to have thundershowers coming in and I just did not want to take the chance of us getting hit with any bolts. There was one fellow fisherman who joined us later, he was leaving in the parking lot as I went to get my truck. You can back a vehicle down, unload, and park there in the day use area easily. I would rather fish closer to the truck when it rains like that, for shelter.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

7. Likes TBSP, Captain Compassion, jb fishing, CDK liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Indian Creek Res, (ICR) 05/15.

The education of JB Fishing continues. We arrived at Casa Jetspray at 0630 and headed west on 88. We arrived at the ICR Day Use Area and set up on the shore by 0630. The weather was cool and cloudy. What wind there was came from the west and was at our backs. We fished for 4 hours and managed 9 stocker bows to the shore. The fish came on Gulp, Eggs and Mouse Tails. At 1030 rumbles started in the West and then the rains came. This was Jeff's first trip to ICR. Nothing big this trip but I suspect Alpine County will add some soon.

CC

Day Use Area

Yellow Headed Black Bird Visits

Trouts

Dark Clouds

And Then the Rains Came.
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid