Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salmon guide opening week

100's of hours and 1000's of dollars, we will just have to agree to disagree on that. Trolling in the tidally influenced lower Sacramento River is pretty simple and straight foreword. All of the fine details of every technique used can be found on the internet or other sources. Just make sure you are doing it right and using the proper gear, if there are fish around and the water isn't 80 degrees you will catch fish.

J W

2. Likes SteelyMan liked this post
    Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

J_W must own lots of Chevron stock and own a tackle store. 1 trip with one of the good guides will save you hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.
    That being said- wait until fall when the weather is nicer and fishing less hectic. The opener in Sacramento will find lots of boats at the mouth of the American jigging through the anchored boats that are in the trolling lanes while dodging sea lions.
    So... not exactly a teaching moment.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest going to seminars and watching youtube videos if you want to get schooled up before the opener. You can get everything you need to know for that fishery from those two sources.

J W

Post Thanks / Like

Opening week the focus will be up near Redding/Red Bluff. If you’re looking for a trip in the Metro area I’d wait until closer to fall.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

6. Likes redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    I would like to go on one of the salmon guide boats the first week of salmon season.

I would like to find a guide launching in Sacramento or around Walnut Grove

I would like to go out on the boat the trolls spinners, flatfish, cut plugs and such.

My purpose to is to see if I can learn something.

Anyone have any recommendations on the guide.

Opening week is pretty spotty in the Sac region. However, Tight Lines Guide Service, James Netzel is the man you're looking for if he is running trips that early. He splits his time between Stampede, Folsom, and Sac during the Summer months before Salmon goes into full swing in the Fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Salmon guide opening week

I would like to go on one of the salmon guide boats the first week of salmon season.

I would like to find a guide launching in Sacramento or around Walnut Grove

I would like to go out on the boat the trolls spinners, flatfish, cut plugs and such.

My purpose to is to see if I can learn something.

Anyone have any recommendations on the guide.
    Last edited by Woodie; 06-10-2018 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12