Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shasta Report = Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    Nice report and nice looking fish! For clarification, what temp are you targeting the browns at? I also am believer in the optimizer spoons, I recently used them up at lake Almanor, and did extremely well on the kings.

Reaper
    I usually target them from 55 to 60 degrees, although it's not a hard fast rule. I haven't targeted them specifically in awhile now. There are some big bows being caught lately so I've been focusing on them, but still getting browns in the process. One came at 130' down at 49 degrees while I was trying for Kings, and another over deep water suspending at 45' and 65 degrees. I expect the brown action will remain good throughout the summer, going deeper and hover your bait over bottom structure is effective.

I was at Almanor a month ago and loved it. Caught bows, Kings and browns. Great fishery for sure! Tried optimizers but releases used were not holding. Definitely want to go back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and nice looking fish! For clarification, what temp are you targeting the browns at? I also am believer in the optimizer spoons, I recently used them up at lake Almanor, and did extremely well on the kings.

Reaper

Post Thanks / Like

Ready when you are!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikfish View Post
    Thanks everyone for the kind words! There was a time when I didn't know which end to hook up a dodger. Those of you who went the extra mile to help out a newbie chasing trout (you know who you are) have helped me tremendously. You've inspired me to go the extra mile to help others in need of direction. Plus I've met a couple great fishin buddies here on the sniffer. Stan (Chartreuse moose) with his wealth of knowledge, and Gary (Garyarl) who loves details more than i do.. You guys are Awesome!.. Let's go fishin!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the kind words! There was a time when I didn't know which end to hook up a dodger. Those of you who went the extra mile to help out a newbie chasing trout (you know who you are) have helped me tremendously. You've inspired me to go the extra mile to help others in need of direction. Plus I've met a couple great fishin buddies here on the sniffer. Stan (Chartreuse moose) with his wealth of knowledge, and Gary (Garyarl) who loves details more than i do.. You guys are Awesome!.. Let's go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught some great trout on Shasta using Mike's method. The black' s release is definitely the way to go. Big blow back of the DR cables takes some getting use to, with compensation, works fine. Nice post Mike.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Great post and beautiful fish pics, thanx for sharing! RAY
    “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    Next time more pictures of the good luck dog,,, the only reason you caught anything!
    She was there.. somewhere on the boat. Yep, she's my lucky dog, although indifferent to the fish I catch. She really could care less.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You give some of the most informative posts I've read. Figuring it out and dialing in the details is what makes fishing enjoyable in my mind. You've certainly done that.

Congrats on the success and thanks for sharing.

10. Likes Mikfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Shasta Report = Good!

Great looking post and pic's, that tip you gave on the DR's is simple, most of the time on my setup I just need to look at the angle of the wire and adjust. As for speed I have the GPS on the finder and a portable that I have on the stern. Keeps me from going too fast or slow. I do have a paddle wheel but do not use it much. All in all this is great stuff........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

12. Likes Mikfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips . I Have a fish hawk but never thought of using it that way. I use a trig app on my phone and just estimate the cable angle. I like your idea much better. Btw nice fish !

14. Likes Jetspray, Mikfish liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast