Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to troll flatfish and spinners?

Use a rod holder so many times holding a rod the Jerk sets the hook to soon.

2. Likes WhopperStopper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I dredge the bottom, three ounce weights, let out three times the depth of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhopperStopper View Post
    There used to be a great sticky thread about this. I read it back and forth multiple times and learned a lot. Mods? Any idea what happened to it?
    Anyways in a nutshell, you're trying to get it as close to the bottom as you can without snagging.
    Ill dig through the forum to see if I can find it, thank you for your help.

-BD

Post Thanks / Like

There used to be a great sticky thread about this. I read it back and forth multiple times and learned a lot. Mods? Any idea what happened to it?
    Anyways in a nutshell, you're trying to get it as close to the bottom as you can without snagging.

Post Thanks / Like

How to troll flatfish and spinners?

I have been watching a few youtube videos on how to troll the sac / delta with spinners and flatfish and I was wondering; how do they not get snagged on the bottom? The common rig seems to be 3 way splitter with 3 - 4' of line going to the spinner or flatfish with 1 - 2' of line going down to 1 - 3oz of weight (depending on the flow) putting the baits about 40 - 70' behind the boat. So, I am wondering are they intentionally choosing a lighter weight so as theyre not bouncing off the bottom and just using it to get deeper in the water column? And if thats true, dont flatfish dive so is there even a point to use a weight on the rig? Thanks for the help everyone, looking forward to the 16th!

- BD