Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bowman Lake Road Condition

4 friends just got back from a week in at Bowman Lake and Fonchere Lake just past it. The road was ruff as usual (and it keeps out the riff raft ) the fishing and camping was Great ! Browns and Rainbows were netted almost every day 1 to 8 pounds !! A couple days were slow however, the hard hitting days in the early mornings Paid off for them . The Hugh Slash's in the nite time darkness kept them spurned on for fishing the next day ! Take Bug repellent as they are thick like the fish that are consuming them . Cheers ! Geno

2. Likes PMR#9, muledeer12 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can reach Bowman by way of Jackson Meadows Reservoir. The last 4.5 miles before Bowman is ROUGH. I did it in June without engaging 4-wheel drive. It's a very rocky drive. If it rained and the rocks were wet, you would probably need 4-wheel to get out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, ampm and FishfilA. I think I'll go elsewhere where access is much easier. Advice was very helpful...appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Road is washed out at the creek crossing maybe a mile from Bowman. With 4wd and a bit of skill you can make it through the washout though and continue on. Saw somebody do it successfully in a Subaru WRX last week- that was interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

I heard Bob Simms show last Saturday, he tried and found it still closed a few miles from the lake. Dont remember if he said washed out or rock slide.

Post Thanks / Like

Bowman Lake Road Condition

Does anyone know if it is possible to drive to Bowman Lake? I'm pretty sure that earlier in the year the road was not passable.