Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mendocino, Fort Bragg end of August. Who to book?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    So how was the trip on the six pac, any Salmon ?

Turned into a rock fish trip. Had a good time. Only husband/wife with me and crew. Was pretty rough. Even the young capt. was commenting about sea conditions.

Beginning of the week. Fished the mouth of the Klamath for nada.

Post Thanks / Like

So how was the trip on the six pac, any Salmon ?

Post Thanks / Like

Squid for Rock fish and Lings if the Salmon are AWOL.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a long way off, maybe a new school of Salmon will move in. The deckhand is a young kid named Gus, only been a deckhand for a month but is the nicest kid you will meet, works hard. Hopefully you will get a reel that works. Nice boat to fish from, big wide deck. Take some squid to tip your hooks, maybe you'll get a little bigger fish.

Good luck

Squid? What is the target with squid? I did catch a Steelhead at the south end of Broad Slough on a hole squid, 4/0 big river hook. No hesitation, that one swallowed whole in the gullet.
    I also caught 31 inch striper on squid.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a long way off, maybe a new school of Salmon will move in. The deckhand is a young kid named Gus, only been a deckhand for a month but is the nicest kid you will meet, works hard. Hopefully you will get a reel that works. Nice boat to fish from, big wide deck. Take some squid to tip your hooks, maybe you'll get a little bigger fish.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Fished a six pac out of ft Bragg yesterday. The Salmon vanished a week ago, none being caught.
    Caught a limit of rock fish about the size of a Blue Gill. Got a couple lings, small and skinny.

The Salmon might come back but if i were you i'd just book a half day trip on the Telstar and get some rock fish and maybe a ling and enjoy a fish fry.
    That’s not the news I was hoping to get. I did book a spot on 6pack boat. “Hooked on Mendo”, Friday the 31st. I also fishing the Klamath on Monday the 27th. A week of R&R with the wife and I get to do some fishing. Hope to hit the surf too.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished a six pac out of ft Bragg yesterday. The Salmon vanished a week ago, none being caught.
    Caught a limit of rock fish about the size of a Blue Gill. Got a couple lings, small and skinny.

The Salmon might come back but if i were you i'd just book a half day trip on the Telstar and get some rock fish and maybe a ling and enjoy a fish fry.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said Mendocino/Fort Bragg but if you have a day or 2 to burn, theres a 6-pack boat in shelter cove about 2 hours farther North called C'mon Sportfishing. I jus took a trip with them last week (8/9) with a great haul. After 6 limits of rockfish by 11:30 we went after halibut (slow bite) and then salmon. Limits of ling cod up to 20 lbs, 8lb Canary, and various others many of these sizes not seen as often in fort bragg at least in my experience. I'll definitely be there next year for a trip.Snapchat-268721993.jpg
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

9. Likes dennis l liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mendocino, Fort Bragg end of August. Who to book?

Wife and I are going to be in Mendocino Labor Day.
    Plan to arrive day or two before. Need to go get some Salmon.
    Any recommendation for 6 pack boat in the area. Would rather not do party boat. Thanks for any suggestions.

Or or if someone has an open seat, I’m will pay for fuel, bait etc.