Post Thanks / Like

Re: SF Salmon trip this Sunday?

Went out and fished Muir Sunday. Lots of shakers for us. 18"to 20" could have kept a couple but with them being right on the button not worth the risk. Boat did great in the open water. Around noon we ran to Alameda to see if there were any hali there and as we got there the boat died. Motor would make a little rotation then stop. Fished for a little while for 1 hali. Fired up the kicker and headed in for the day. Got home to find the top seal on the outdrive failed in turn causing the upper beating to eat itself up and drop parts into the gears jamming them up. This is why the motor would not turn over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Addiction View Post
    I'll be going out of Bodega on Sunday if you wanted to head up that way. The bar out of the gate can get a little dicey at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsancho View Post
    The ocean is going to be nasty Sunday. U may want to reconsider going for your first time on a nicer day. Small craft warning has been issued.
    Going anyway. Might just stay in the bay after line sides and halibut. Then get on the pick after some sharks. Looks like 3-4 at 7 seconds outside the gate in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_4_fun73 View Post
    Going out this Sunday of SF after Salmon. This would be my first time in my own boat in open water. Boat is a Wellcraft V20 Steplift I/O with a kicker. Wondering if anyone else is going In there boat that I could shadow. Think a buddy system for my first time out is a good idea.

Thanks,
    Chris
    The ocean is going to be nasty Sunday. U may want to reconsider going for your first time on a nicer day. Small craft warning has been issued.

4. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_4_fun73 View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I'm in Sacramento and Bodega is a long pull. Although it is my favorite place to camp.
    Factor in the drive from Sac to Berkeley/Richmond then the ride from there to the gate then to where you're fishing....It all comes out of the wash
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator Yamaha F150

6. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Addiction View Post
    I'll be going out of Bodega on Sunday if you wanted to head up that way. The bar out of the gate can get a little dicey at times.
    Thanks for the offer, I'm in Sacramento and Bodega is a long pull. Although it is my favorite place to camp.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

SF Salmon trip this Sunday?

Going out this Sunday of SF after Salmon. This would be my first time in my own boat in open water. Boat is a Wellcraft V20 Steplift I/O with a kicker. Wondering if anyone else is going In there boat that I could shadow. Think a buddy system for my first time out is a good idea.

Thanks,
    Chris