Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Traeger BBQ/smoker question

There are so many places to get pellet smokers & pellets for them. Home Depot, Lowe's, Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, even Walmart. Last bag I got was at Walmart. But here is just a peek.......Jetspray

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors...s/N-5yc1vZcd18
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Traeger BBQ/smoker question

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieJed View Post
    You might know what this cut of beef is. Few years back I was at Paulina lake in Oregon for Browns and had dinner at their little cafe. We ordered beef ribs. On my plate was only one beef rib. Iím big eater and I had hard time eating all of it. This huge chunk of meat had a rib bone I could have used as an oar. any guess what it may have been? My fishing buddy said a dinosaur rib lol but it was beef
    Probably a Ribeye with bone in and close to 2 inches thick. The butcher shop here in town will cut you some if you wanted to try it again. He gets grass fed beef locally from one of the ranches. Always funny to hear that someone got one of those Flintstone cuts......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

You might know what this cut of beef is. Few years back I was at Paulina lake in Oregon for Browns and had dinner at their little cafe. We ordered beef ribs. On my plate was only one beef rib. Iím big eater and I had hard time eating all of it. This huge chunk of meat had a rib bone I could have used as an oar. any guess what it may have been? My fishing buddy said a dinosaur rib lol but it was beef

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang Dave, thatís good stuff. I want see you on the BBQ pitmaster competitions
    Thanks but I am only dealing with family at get togethers and holidays. I can go out back and set up with most stuff...Ö.Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Dave, thatís good stuff. I want see you on the BBQ pitmaster competitions

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Which series you have ? Iím looking at the Renegade pro special they have right now with lots extra stuff included and free shipping. But I will tell you I read where some people were not happy with their Treages giving them problems. Many things go bad and their on phone trying get it fixed. But lot others are happy too🤨
    Biggest thing I can say is to use portable thermo devices to put in your meat and also check the temps from elsewhere, and make adjustments. I have two of them after having other smokers. Just take a look at them from time to time while running the smoker to make sure everything is on the up and up. Smokers always need attention just like running a rotisserie on a BBQ while cooking game or chickens...Ö.Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Sounds maybe it might be something I might like. Iím ready let the BBQr do most the work. But for sure keep my Johnny Morris signature smoker for my Salmon. Itís perfect every time
    I have had mine for a good use time, I have smoked 4 beef racks, 6 pork racks at one time and came out perfect. The thing about the smoke is that you can reduce the flow over your presentation by blocking most of the cooking time in an aluminum pan with a aluminum lid or even foil with holes poked in it. You can also reduce the exit heat by adding a tray with ice in it at the back of the smoker if you want to say slow smoke something like cheese or other baked goods. I do not like BBQ sauce myself and prefer rubs, if someone wants BBQ sauce I have some in a bottle they can slather on. I usually infuse flavors in meats by using a tenderizer multi blade type poker, put on the rub and poke both sides of the meat, then either vacuum seal it in a bag or two of the seal containers I have here and put it in the fridge to marinate over night. You can also put a pan with enhancers like lemons, limes, oranges, wine, beer or whatever you like and have that up stream of the smoke flow. I also have chips left from over years of smoking, I got a cheapo blender and basically turn them into small chunks with it and mix it into the blend of pellets and make sure there is an even flow. You can use a shop vac to suck up any pellets for re-use or mix into other stuff you are putting into the hopper. I use a reducer nozzle and tape a piece of garden hose to suck them up through the grates. Some of the newer models have side hopper gates to do this but mine does not. Clean up is easier if you also use silicone mats, aluminum foil or other things of your choice...Ö..Jetspray

10. Likes GW208 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any of you have Traeger?
    I'm thinking of buying one. My wife really doesnít like the flavor of smoked foods. She likes BBQ grilled meat and vegetables. I see in the promo these Treager chefs cooking pizza, cobblers etc. Can you tame down the smoke and just use it as a oven and BBQ? Or is everything in the Traeger going have smoke flavor?
    Which series you have ? Iím looking at the Renegade pro special they have right now with lots extra stuff included and free shipping. But I will tell you I read where some people were not happy with their Treages giving them problems. Many things go bad and their on phone trying get it fixed. But lot others are happy too🤨

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Traeger Pro Series just over a year ago, and use it more than I ever imagined. I have done prime rib, chickens, beef and pork ribs, mac n cheese, meatloaf, bacon, fish, just about everything. If I want a smoke flavor, I tend to put whatever I am cooking on the smoke setting for an hour or more before turning up to cooking temperature. I have been really surprised and happy with how well my unit has smoked fish.

I also still have a gas grill, which I prefer cooking steaks and burgers on, and a Weber kettle for slow charcoal cooking.

The nice thing with the pellet grill is that itís easy for my wife to use. Turn the dial, get it to temp, put foood on, and no flare ups.

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Sounds maybe it might be something I might like. Iím ready let the BBQr do most the work. But for sure keep my Johnny Morris signature smoker for my Salmon. Itís perfect every time

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast