Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Walker awesome trip

Great plan and you will be rewarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    Haha... been trying for 12 freaking months and finally made it. Work and 3 kids under 7 make it difficult to escape and have fun. I absolutely plan on coming back next year. That area is pretty special. I want to explore more of hwy-108 next time and maybe do some hiking into the area lakes.... if the wife gives me a hall pass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PMR#9 View Post
    East side lane .Upsream or down .Don't really matter they both produce .Get back often and have a good time .
    Haha... been trying for 12 freaking months and finally made it. Work and 3 kids under 7 make it difficult to escape and have fun. I absolutely plan on coming back next year. That area is pretty special. I want to explore more of hwy-108 next time and maybe do some hiking into the area lakes.... if the wife gives me a hall pass

3. Likes PMR#9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    White Chevy myself. Did you have a nice trout on your string on Friday morning? maybe around 18??? If so I think we crossed paths. We worked hard for the fish but it was a great trip. Did a lot of wet wading as it warmed up. Had a great day on Saturday afternoon off Eastside Rd I think it is called in the town of Walker. At one point I was 6 for 8 on drifts.. pretty cool river you guys get to fish often!!!
    East side lane .Upsream or down .Don't really matter they both produce .Get back often and have a good time .

5. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    We have more spots if you look hard!!!
    50 plus years .But always up for a new spot .

SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

We have more spots if you look hard!!!

8. Likes MtnFisher, PMR#9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

White Chevy myself. Did you have a nice trout on your string on Friday morning? maybe around 18??? If so I think we crossed paths. We worked hard for the fish but it was a great trip. Did a lot of wet wading as it warmed up. Had a great day on Saturday afternoon off Eastside Rd I think it is called in the town of Walker. At one point I was 6 for 8 on drifts.. pretty cool river you guys get to fish often!!!

10. Likes Spinner, MtnFisher liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Most excellent.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

12. Likes MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was also on the river this weekend .We probably crossed paths .I was in the blue chevy Silverado. This river is gods gift to a trout person .Jeff

14. Likes Spinner, MtnFisher, reeltor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

West Walker awesome trip

After a few attempts to get to this river for my first time I finally got there last weekend. All I can say is I will definitely be going back. Fished 2 days and probably caught 60-70 trout. Did a lot of hiking, rock crawling, and bush wacking to explore as much of the river as we could. All fish came on drifting worms. Caught a few between 2-3 pounds but most were between 10-15. Also saw a few other big fish caught on the river by other people.

We we had to work for it but worth it!!