Thread: Pier closures

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Pier closures

Went to Berkeley pier again and its still closed :(

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pier closures

Quote Originally Posted by kromebrite View Post
    I was visiting Pismo Beach last week, and my plan was to fish the Pismo Pier and Avila Bay pier. Pismo is closed for the summer , as is Avila. The pier at the very end of Avila bay( I forget the name, it's where Patriot sport fishing docks) is open, but a scouting trip revealed minimal action happening. Some smelt and a few sardines as well as a story of a guy who caught a halibut the week prior were all I heard or saw. My interest was rays and shark, and feedback that this pier was hit and miss for such. Morro Bay had some great piers, and in talking with a couple of guys it seems that is the ticket for sharay action. I was busy being a tourist with the family while in Morro so I did not fish it during my brief visit. Just a heads up if anyone is going down that way and is thinking of hitting the piers.
    We visit there once or twice a year. Never fished but have seen sharks caught off the pier (before the construction) and perch caught off the beach. Our friends live there and they fish once in awhile, there are some nice halibut but you have to know where.

There is a sizable gang of sea lions which hang out underneath the Avila pier and warning signs were posted. We used to peek underneath the stairway with flashlights and gawk at some monster sea lions under there, was kinda scary.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Pier closures

I was visiting Pismo Beach last week, and my plan was to fish the Pismo Pier and Avila Bay pier. Pismo is closed for the summer , as is Avila. The pier at the very end of Avila bay( I forget the name, it's where Patriot sport fishing docks) is open, but a scouting trip revealed minimal action happening. Some smelt and a few sardines as well as a story of a guy who caught a halibut the week prior were all I heard or saw. My interest was rays and shark, and feedback that this pier was hit and miss for such. Morro Bay had some great piers, and in talking with a couple of guys it seems that is the ticket for sharay action. I was busy being a tourist with the family while in Morro so I did not fish it during my brief visit. Just a heads up if anyone is going down that way and is thinking of hitting the piers.
    Last edited by kromebrite; 08-01-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    Gratitude

4. Likes WhopperStopper, nayr, GW208, MtnFisher, reeltor liked this post