Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Donnell Fire Hwy 108 Closed.z

Quote Originally Posted by GR8ANGLER View Post
    Regardless whether there was or is a pot grow there, it’s a fact that there are illegal pot grows all over our public lands in the foothills and the mountains that threaten are basic freedoms as well as the environment. It’s really a shame. I have to carry nowadays, well for about 20 years now actually because you just never know. I ran into a person who I think was scouting or patrolling a few years back. He had a Pitbull on a leash and disappeared after he made it known he was there. It creeped me out enough that I haven’t been back to that “secret” place since.
    I always carry too, when fishing in remote areas. It's kind of funny, I think fishing in the boonies we are probably much safer from two legged predators than we are when we go to the local quicky-mart....but there is something about isolation that just makes me want to be armed.

A lot of our fears are often primal and based upon instincts evolved over thousands of years, but they are not always logical. We tend to feel safer among other people, when other people are generally the greatest danger we face. The risk of attack from black bear or mountain lion is so low as to not even be worth taking seriously.

Humans are a tribal/pack oriented species, for better or worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Donnell Fire Hwy 108 Closed.

DEW!! DEW!!

Now I know why I heard weird humming noises and saw shadows flying thru the night!

3. Likes pointemdown, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjb View Post
    Mining isn’t a good environmental practice if you wanna keep forests intact

Do you realize that it is going on daily in many places of the state of California? There are older mines that could be utilized and cleaned up as well. Gold covered with mercury is safely recovered every year as well as metals like lead sinkers and bullets. The environmental cleanup is taking place all the time...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Separate fiction from fact a little. I have lived here in Gardnerville NV since Nov 1st 2006, when I moved from Fremont Ca where I resided from Sept 1957 till Oct 31st 2006. We have been plagued by smoke every summer since, the smoke contains more than just wood and leaves because of what is in it from homes and businesses that are engulfed. Poor forest management is mostly to blame, putting it on one thing is very hard to do, I have relatives that fight those fires in California and I do not want any of them to become injured nor anyone that resides there. The federal government and state government need to focus funds in a different way to broker a better result. The whole state could benefit by selling wood products, or mining, or taking care of the resources they have available, seems to me a little better education is in order rather than mis-guiding students to become protesters...….Jetspray
    Mining isn’t a good environmental practice if you wanna keep forests intact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Yearroundfisherman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahpee View Post
    There is no pot grow at the inlet of donnells lake, or anywhere near it, take my word for it. Please make up other scary stories about something else than pot growers at an inhospitable place like the inlet, for example how about saying that the island on donnells is a pot grow island? That sounds much more awesome.....and you can even see it from the lookout that people are afraid to leave their vehicles to walk the 1/4 mile to the edge of the lookout because they might vanish, watch out for aliens & UFO's or pot growers, whichever gets to you first. In fact don't even stop your car, just keep driving until you hit Nevada, then the pot growing should cease, hard to grow pot in middle of a desert.

Well it is Bigfoot Country!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MtnFisher View Post
    So how did the fire start in that small timber grove on the north side near Donnells inlet?

Guess we will never know. Bet the tooth fairy knows who started it though.
    Right conditions and a bunch of under brush. I have had piles of grass clippings start smoldering in the past on a hot day, and they were not that thick either...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

So how did the fire start in that small timber grove on the north side near Donnells inlet?

Guess we will never know. Bet the tooth fairy knows who started it though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GR8ANGLER View Post
    Regardless whether there was or is a pot grow there, it’s a fact that there are illegal pot grows all over our public lands in the foothills and the mountains that threaten are basic freedoms as well as the environment. It’s really a shame. I have to carry nowadays, well for about 20 years now actually because you just never know. I ran into a person who I think was scouting or patrolling a few years back. He had a Pitbull on a leash and disappeared after he made it known he was there. It creeped me out enough that I haven’t been back to that “secret” place since.
    I had two of them approach my pickup a few years ago (truck and camper were brand new). When one asked me questions, the other guy motioned me to go ahead when he saw my 44 magnum next to my right hand but I did not have the finger on the trigger, just at the ready...…..Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Re: Donnell Fire Hwy 108 Closed.z

There is no pot grow at the inlet of donnells lake, or anywhere near it, take my word for it. Please make up other scary stories about something else than pot growers at an inhospitable place like the inlet, for example how about saying that the island on donnells is a pot grow island? That sounds much more awesome.....and you can even see it from the lookout that people are afraid to leave their vehicles to walk the 1/4 mile to the edge of the lookout because they might vanish, watch out for aliens & UFO's or pot growers, whichever gets to you first. In fact don't even stop your car, just keep driving until you hit Nevada, then the pot growing should cease, hard to grow pot in middle of a desert.

13. Likes Jetspray, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Separate fiction from fact a little. I have lived here in Gardnerville NV since Nov 1st 2006, when I moved from Fremont Ca where I resided from Sept 1957 till Oct 31st 2006. We have been plagued by smoke every summer since, the smoke contains more than just wood and leaves because of what is in it from homes and businesses that are engulfed. Poor forest management is mostly to blame, putting it on one thing is very hard to do, I have relatives that fight those fires in California and I do not want any of them to become injured nor anyone that resides there. The federal government and state government need to focus funds in a different way to broker a better result. The whole state could benefit by selling wood products, or mining, or taking care of the resources they have available, seems to me a little better education is in order rather than mis-guiding students to become protesters...….Jetspray

15. Likes wckid liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast