Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Fried rock fish recipe???

You guys might want to try this thing out, my wife and I got one and for two people it is a great help......Jetspray

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/product...AndAccessories

BTW We have the 6 QT model
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fried rock fish recipe???

1 cup all purpose flour
    1 cup rice flour (must for crispy filets)
    1 egg
    16 oz beer
    salt pepper plus anything else you like (paprika etc) to taste
    mix
    deep fry in peanut oil.

This is all I use for fish and chips. Is it healthy no but is it delicious yes.
    DB

3. Likes CAL.NDN, GW208, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW a couple of years ago our power went out, I have a generator that I hauled out back and hooked up to the house. It ran all night and most of the next day, Super Bowl Sunday. We had everything cooking for the big game in a toaster oven (Convection), the New Wave oven, and even on a hot plate. When the pre-game started we were ready with snacks for everyone. Game came on and we were watching it with our family, the neighbors were still struggling with the power outage, most had smaller generators. Just helps to have the right stuff at the right time......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

5. Likes GW208, CrappieJed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GW208 View Post
    Oh geez, next thing we know you guys will be extolling the virtues of cooking with an Instant Pot.
    No I just have had to mess with so much stuff over the years especially when canning it just removes some of the hassle for things you can do quicker. We have about 4 manual pressure cookers in the garage and they are used only for canning. If you do it a bunch it helps to have the right equipment......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    I can’t lie I have been thinking about getting an air fryer too. My brother has one and loves it.
    Oh geez, next thing we know you guys will be extolling the virtues of cooking with an Instant Pot.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t lie I have been thinking about getting an air fryer too. My brother has one and loves it.
    I like the digital controls, all of ours have them. I just do not rely much on the automatic functions because if you change the amounts of food you put in you need to reduce time cooked. Kind of like the automatic pressure cookers we have they just don't function well with the auto buttons of food (like chicken, beef ribs, even roasts) at high altitudes and for canning we have to go manual anyway. I suggested some good cook book ideas by buying those available for a specific air fryer you purchase, it will help you get adjusted to how it works. BTW my GPS says 4,850 feet in my back yard...….Jetspray
    Last edited by Jetspray; 08-12-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GW208 View Post
    I like this one from Bass Pro and have used it on rockfish for several years now.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/uncl...r-mix-original
    Yep I like that one too, I use a fish batter type duster that I got from Cabela's years ago. It does a great job of shaking on the coating without too much mess in the kitchen. Both Bass Pro and Cabela's has a great selection of batter mixes. I also use a vacuum sealer with vacuum boxes to infuse marinades into the meat, but first I put on seasonings and plunge that into the meat with a blade tenderizer. Works good with all meats...….Jetspray

13. Likes GW208, dennis l liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Air fried fish seems a little like drinking “light” beer or “organic” fruit....haha just kidding we’ll sort of
    We have the Nuwave system as well as the newer 1,500 watt unit with the drawer. Our toaster type oven is also a top end convection as well as our main Adora oven by GE. I just think they are great and work as advertised. Thing is I like fried foods too, but during the summer it works best to keep the house air conditioner from blowing a gasket trying to cook with oil on the oven top. Fried foods are great but most of the flavor is kept inside the unit and it reduces the amount of bad gas pass to an area around the unit you are using and not filling the house with those unwanted smells and such. You can used infused oils to cook with if you use the sprayer. Organic is a big thing now days, no GMO. As far as light beer I never touch the stuff, as I have cut back on the drinking stuff and when I want one it is always the best I can buy not to drink one after the other till I pass out. I prefer brandy over the rocks (Christian Brothers) or Smirnoff Vodka 100 proof mixed with orange juice or a bloody mary mix...….Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Air fried fish seems a little like drinking “light” beer or “organic” fruit....haha just kidding we’ll sort of

16. Likes CAL.NDN, Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast