Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Fried rock fish recipe???

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    I love fried food to but try and stay away from it. I hate to think about taking a healthy piece of fish and frying it but I guess every now and then can’t be to bad. It’s probably better than eating a Big Mac. At 40 years old the matabolism isn’t what it used to be...!!!!!
    You need to learn a little about air fry'er type ovens (I call them hair driers). I use a very good oil sprayer to dash oil on anything before introducing it to the air fry ovens. This works best for me and reduces the amount of oil I use...…..Jetspray

https://www.qvc.com/kitchen-&-food/s...Term=air+fryer

https://www.qvc.com/Evo-Set-of-%282%...ml?sc=PRODFEED
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fried rock fish recipe???

I feel the same 95% of the time I cook my fish healthy but when I get that craving them rock fish go in beer batter and swimming in oil in my high side cast iron pan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love fried food to but try and stay away from it. I hate to think about taking a healthy piece of fish and frying it but I guess every now and then cant be to bad. Its probably better than eating a Big Mac. At 40 years old the matabolism isnt what it used to be...!!!!!

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite way hands down, I learned from a member of PFIC named frozendog. Salt and pepper a fillet, lightly dredge in flour, and pan sear to your desired firmness (I like my whitefish almost dry, with crispy edges) then you take a teaspoon of Marmalade (original recipe was orange) and glaze the fish with it as soon as it's out of the pan. I've found a lime marmalade that is just the bee's knees.

I now prefer this method over deep frying, and I love fried foods.

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    Anyone have a good recipe for frying up rock fish? I have tried just coating in flower and frying it but want to try something like a beer batter or something different. Trying to make something like fish sticks that I can get my kids to eat too but just cannot get anything to turn out well
    Last I had was run in my smoker with just some rub on the fillets and put in a aluminum pan with some lemon slices and white wine for the poach. I think I used mesquite wood in the smoker then...…..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Fried rock fish recipe???

That is some great looking fish n chips. Makes me want some again......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

You called it just beer batter it and fry it I add old bay myself. With some homemade fries they will tear it with ketchup lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

11. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray, GW208, Kaban12 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fried rock fish recipe???

Anyone have a good recipe for frying up rock fish? I have tried just coating in flower and frying it but want to try something like a beer batter or something different. Trying to make something like fish sticks that I can get my kids to eat too but just cannot get anything to turn out well

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12