Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fried rock fish recipe???

I like this one from Bass Pro and have used it on rockfish for several years now.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/uncl...r-mix-original

2. Likes CAL.NDN, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW when frying in an air fryer instead of deep oil there are more steps and a good airfry cook book on them will help. Myself I use a silicone mat in the bottom which is the size of the fillet I am putting in, this keeps the crust on the fish and not flowing into the bottom. The stuff that hits the bottom of the fryer in the pan is all of the fats/oils that you don't want going into you. But with the sprayer you can use any type of cooking oil, even flavored one's if they are strained of anything that would not go through the spray nozzle. I like chili oil on some of the stuff I dry fry......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Fried rock fish recipe???

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    I love fried food to but try and stay away from it. I hate to think about taking a healthy piece of fish and frying it but I guess every now and then can’t be to bad. It’s probably better than eating a Big Mac. At 40 years old the matabolism isn’t what it used to be...!!!!!
    You need to learn a little about air fry'er type ovens (I call them hair driers). I use a very good oil sprayer to dash oil on anything before introducing it to the air fry ovens. This works best for me and reduces the amount of oil I use...…..Jetspray

https://www.qvc.com/kitchen-&-food/s...Term=air+fryer

https://www.qvc.com/Evo-Set-of-%282%...ml?sc=PRODFEED
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same 95% of the time I cook my fish healthy but when I get that craving them rock fish go in beer batter and swimming in oil in my high side cast iron pan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

6. Likes Jetspray, dennis l liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love fried food to but try and stay away from it. I hate to think about taking a healthy piece of fish and frying it but I guess every now and then cant be to bad. Its probably better than eating a Big Mac. At 40 years old the matabolism isnt what it used to be...!!!!!

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite way hands down, I learned from a member of PFIC named frozendog. Salt and pepper a fillet, lightly dredge in flour, and pan sear to your desired firmness (I like my whitefish almost dry, with crispy edges) then you take a teaspoon of Marmalade (original recipe was orange) and glaze the fish with it as soon as it's out of the pan. I've found a lime marmalade that is just the bee's knees.

I now prefer this method over deep frying, and I love fried foods.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    Anyone have a good recipe for frying up rock fish? I have tried just coating in flower and frying it but want to try something like a beer batter or something different. Trying to make something like fish sticks that I can get my kids to eat too but just cannot get anything to turn out well
    Last I had was run in my smoker with just some rub on the fillets and put in a aluminum pan with some lemon slices and white wine for the poach. I think I used mesquite wood in the smoker then...…..Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Fried rock fish recipe???

That is some great looking fish n chips. Makes me want some again......Jetspray

13. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You called it just beer batter it and fry it I add old bay myself. With some homemade fries they will tear it with ketchup lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

15. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray, GW208, Kaban12, dennis l liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fried rock fish recipe???

Anyone have a good recipe for frying up rock fish? I have tried just coating in flower and frying it but want to try something like a beer batter or something different. Trying to make something like fish sticks that I can get my kids to eat too but just cannot get anything to turn out well

17. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12