Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kind of like fishing at a landfill

Great American River Cleanup Day , part of the larger Coastal Cleanup Day, is Saturday September 15th from 9 am to noon. American River Parkway Foundation is sponsoring. Go to http://arpf.org if interested. Thanks to those who pick up trash all days of the year.
    Gratitude

Post Thanks / Like

I took my drift boat out up in Redding for a couple days. Its disgusting what the homeless did up there along the banks. Even ran into an older guy whos lived there for 40 yrs. says hes never seen it so bad. People with no drive or values end up in the most beautiful places and just destroy it with trash and drugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddundee View Post
    disco.JPG

Discovery park just down stream from American River 8/21/18. People actually living amomg the trash
    Pigs :(
    Fungaiolo/Cacciatore/Pescatore

-Lou (Louis)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddundee View Post
    Well GDR I have good news for you. That area from the Howe Avenue boat ramp to the H street bridge is clean as a whistle. The authorities went in there and moved out all the homeless and cleaned up the place. The state police from Sac state college insisted that there be no homeless living next to the college for security reasons. I have been fishing there many times as of lately and I have not seen a bit of trash anywhere. By and By caught several good size stripers and a couple of salmon there since mid july. Go back there and have some fun. you won't be disappointed
    That is great news! If I still lived in the area I would definitely go back there since the access was good and the fishing consistent. I am not surprised that it took the college to lead the initiative since the City and County don't seem to have the stones to deal with this fringe element on their own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    On a side note, there has also been problems with shooting "enthusiast" hauling old TVs or W/Ds to certain foothill areas, then shooting them full of holes and leaving them behind...... I was told that when a concerted effort was organized to clean up said areas, the number of 30 cu. ft. containers needed to haul away the shot up appliances was astounding.........
    That's right up there with the uptown Big Game hunters in this state. The higher the hwy number on the road sign the higher number of points you get. Hard to understand this mentality.

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, there has also been problems with shooting "enthusiast" hauling old TVs or W/Ds to certain foothill areas, then shooting them full of holes and leaving them behind...... I was told that when a concerted effort was organized to clean up said areas, the number of 30 cu. ft. containers needed to haul away the shot up appliances was astounding.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gdr_11 View Post
    Reminds me of when I used to fish by the water pumping plant behind CSUS on the American. Things got so bad I used to pack 2 large 33 gallon trash bags in my backpack and walked out with them full each time. Sad part is that it is only about a 100 ft walk to a rest stop on the bike trail where there is a trash can that is dumped regularly. As an old guy it was not easy for me to climb up out of the river with my gear plus two bags of trash, but it should have been no problem for anyone to take their handful of trash in a paper bag and throw it in the trash can that was a 3 minute walk.

I gave up fishing down there because of all the transient (notice I do not use the word homeless) camps and human sewage in the area. Always figured it would be only a matter of time before I was bitten by a pit bull, attacked by some crazy or picked up a case of Hepatitis from the trash.

Have many memories of salmon limits from the bank there.....but thats all there is around Sacramento now...memories and trash...both the kind on the ground and the kind on two legs
    Well GDR I have good news for you. That area from the Howe Avenue boat ramp to the H street bridge is clean as a whistle. The authorities went in there and moved out all the homeless and cleaned up the place. The state police from Sac state college insisted that there be no homeless living next to the college for security reasons. I have been fishing there many times as of lately and I have not seen a bit of trash anywhere. By and By caught several good size stripers and a couple of salmon there since mid july. Go back there and have some fun. you won't be disappointed
    Last edited by crawdaddundee; 08-22-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

disco.JPG

Discovery park just down stream from American River 8/21/18. People actually living amomg the trash
    Last edited by crawdaddundee; 08-22-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that I am impressed with the responses to this thread. I thought a few would respond. All of you ROCK!

I thought of ways to try and stop this, or at last clean up a bit. But none of it will work. Many resonses here about take a bag out with you. Lots of replies about used to and don't or can't any longer. To all of you I say THANKS. But even together we can't stop it, or clean it up fast enough to make a difference. It has to rest with the people who leave it.

I'm a born and raised California native. I've seen this state go down the tubes. It seems only very few actually care or remember when everyone thought the streets of California were paved with gold. We had the very best roads, schools and lifestyle. For the most part it's not that way any longer. Use any reason you wish for the cause.

Until the people who cause the problem stop, or are forced to stop California will continue to dive to the bottom of the garbage bin.

Thanks again.

Just George

10. Likes CAL.NDN, GW208 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel you and 100% agree.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast