Post Thanks / Like

Re: Camanche Question ?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Lures - Speedy shiners are the hot lure there. Colors - most colors will work, I like red/copper, red/silver, fire tiger, rainbow trout. Depth - between 40 to 55’. I haven’t been there in over a month but I’m pretty sure you will find them in those depths. Speed - 2.5 to 3 mph.
    Location - Hat island to little hat is. To the dam. Troll over the old river bed in the middle of the lake. Depths there are between 80 to 120’ .
    This is going to be the busiest weekend of the year there. You will want to troll from earliest permissible time to maybe 10:00 or 10:30am. After that it will be a zoo with boats, jet skis and skiers. So many boats, skiers and jet skis there by early afternoon I consider it a little dangerous to be on the water. Be careful of other watercraft.

Thanks WD , will do I knew it would be crowded but any time on the water with my son is valued . Thanks for the info appreciate it . BF

2. Likes Waterdog, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Camanche Question ?

Lures - Speedy shiners are the hot lure there. Colors - most colors will work, I like red/copper, red/silver, fire tiger, rainbow trout. Depth - between 40 to 55’. I haven’t been there in over a month but I’m pretty sure you will find them in those depths. Speed - 2.5 to 3 mph.
    Location - Hat island to little hat is. To the dam. Troll over the old river bed in the middle of the lake. Depths there are between 80 to 120’ .
    This is going to be the busiest weekend of the year there. You will want to troll from earliest permissible time to maybe 10:00 or 10:30am. After that it will be a zoo with boats, jet skis and skiers. So many boats, skiers and jet skis there by early afternoon I consider it a little dangerous to be on the water. Be careful of other watercraft.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

4. Likes bigfin, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Camanche Question ?

HELP? My son just called me said he's got a jet boat for the weekend and he's gonna troll Camanche for some trout anybody give me any info on what areas to concentrate on , depth , lures and colors etc , it would be appreciated , never trolled Camanche before hoping for some hookups even if its just Ditch Pickles still fun .Will Be running DR's Thanks Tightlines BF
    Last edited by bigfin; 08-31-2018 at 04:54 PM.