Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trout fishing in the Twain Harte area September 1st

Nice report. I agree regarding the water sports people today. I was an avid slalom skier back in the day. We were always careful and courteous to other boaters and fishermen. Now a days you see a bunch of inept, discourteous, inattentive idiots who have total disregard for all others. Making it even worst is their loud sound systems blasting out crap that I find difficult to call music. Add alcohol to the mess and you have a potentially disastrous situation.
    The few who are courteous and attentive boat drivers seem to be young parents out skiing with their kids. Being retired I like to be able to fish during the week when I can avoid the craziness on the weekends.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

2. Likes Trickytrucker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trout fishing in the Twain Harte area September 1st

Where did you go in the Twain Harte area?..not too many places to get a boat in the water(pinecrest?)

100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

Trout fishing in the Twain Harte area September 1st

Packed up the boat and headed up the hill early this morning to go trout fishing in the Twain Harte area. Caught 8 trout on salmon eggs. Headed down the hill about 10 in the morning and went to New Melones to catch a few Bass. Fish from around 11 until 2 and caught about five keeper black bass that were released. There weren't many people out fishing but there were plenty of boats. I have a short comment about boating safety and where I think the future will lead. Everybody has a right to use the Lakes. Recreational water sports has changed over the past few years. When I skied you wanted the lowest boat wake possible for slalom water skiing. Nowadays they want to create the largest wake possible for tricks or the new surfing without a tow line. We may not see a change until somebody gets seriously hurt on the water and unfortunately that's kind of how things play out sometimes. There will be a day when everybody has to be responsible for their boat wake and damage it causes two structures or its involvement in a boating incident where an injury occurs. Until that day comes a little common courtesy goes a long ways. Alright haven't you said that guy is have a nice day it was a great day it was like riding a bull sometimes but it was a great day. Have a good 3 Day weekend see you stick man

5. Likes Waterdog liked this post