aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1960 Weatherby Mark V .257 WM

Ha, I just put a $2000.00 piece of glass on a 249.00 rifle. LOL.. Hey, it was there and not being used so why not. I put it on the 270 Win. Yep, that's a Swarovski X5

2. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I found a crack in the .243 stock and called Weatherby. The offered to send me a replacement stock but I asked for a credit instead. Before I found the crack I ordered a Hogue fully bedded mold over stock and was field stripping the gun when I found the problem.

I asked about Walmart and they said Walmart did not drop the line, they were no longer interested in selling guns through Walmart. Walmart was told to not display the rifles but they could sell them if a customer asks for them. Seems some stores are complying and others are not.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Walmart is dropping the Weatherby line and is clearance pricing all their stock of Vanguard Gen 2 rifles. 249.00 is all you pay. It's not advertised and you have to go in and ask them if they have any because they dont seem to be putting them out. I heard about it on another hunting forum so I went to my Walmart and the had 5. The gun sales computer was down so I had them hold the only .308 they had. I went back today and thought about it and decided to get one of the 270 Win and one of the .243 Win. I'll never get another chance to buy one at these prices in my lifetime.

My new Weatherby family Top to Bottom:
    1. .308 Vanguard Deluxe G2
    2. 270 Win Vanguard Deluxe G2
    3. 257 Weatherby Magnum Mark V
    4. .243 Win Vanguard Deluxe G2
    All are 24" Barrels.
    We're gonna need a bigger safe!
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 09-07-2018 at 12:09 PM.

5. Likes MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it! Let us know how it shoots.

257 Wtby is a flat shooter.

9. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

1960 Weatherby Mark V .257 WM

Picked up this rifle at the gun show and then started to work. It was never cleaned properly and it took me 3 days to get the layers of carbon and copper out of it.

I then free floated the barrel, added Pillar Posts and bedded the action. The scope I put on it is at 1.5 inches above bore center on the lowest rings and base I could find. The trigger literally fell apart when I removed it for cleaning so it now has a Timmey. The stock now has 20 coats of Helmsman Spar Urethane that's been sanded with 2000g wet dry ever three coats.

Shes a beautiful rifle now but beauty is only skin deep. Cant wait to get it out to the range and put it through its paces. The first picture is the before.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 09-06-2018 at 08:29 AM.

11. Likes CDK, Yearroundfisherman liked this post