Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: East Carson + ICR 9/13

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Fish View Post
    If it were not for the beautiful fish that Alpine County plants it would be a dismal season. We also did well today. The river has changed a lot over the last 2 years and a lot of the easy access areas have disappeared. A good day on the East Carson.
    Yep increased flows with all of the burn off areas causes the damage. It is what it is, we still go, sorry we did not see you and your's out there.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Getting old is hell. When I have to wade tough water I use a backpack and strap my rod to it. Keeping hands free, and a pole like what you have males a difference. Keep at it, a little adrenaline keep the mind ticking as much as it does the heart.
    Yeah I just forgot to bring it, it is mostly for balance on slip and slide rocks that tip and toss around......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    It is not much of a hike just rocky, and since I have balance issues and the old persons shuffle, it takes a while to stumble down. I have walking sticks I got from REI years ago and should have brought one of them......Jetspray
    Getting old is hell. When I have to wade tough water I use a backpack and strap my rod to it. Keeping hands free, and a pole like what you have makes a difference. Keep at it, a little adrenaline keeps the mind ticking as much as it does the heart.
    Last edited by fishwrong2; 09-14-2018 at 05:17 PM.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: East Carson + ICR 9/13

The sunrise and the sound of the river and the company of these two gentlemen would have been enough for me !! Thanks Dave and Richard for welcoming me to the Carson Valley and showing me the ropes you two are awesome and I’ll be around as long as God wills to help out in any way I can.

6. Likes TBSP, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: East Carson + ICR 9/13

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    Jetspray, JB Fishing and I left with the sunrise to checkout the East Carson. We risked life and limb to fish the big hole below the HWY 4 Bridge. Fishing was slow but Jeff got 2 for the smoker. Later we stopped to take a look at ICR. The lake was still weedy and we saw no trout caught. May have to wait awhile for this lake. Thanks for the ride Dave. A very bice day.

CC

Nevada Sunrise

East Carson

Jeff With 2 for the Smoker.

ICR

If it were not for the beautiful fish that Alpine County plants it would be a dismal season. We also did well today. The river has changed a lot over the last 2 years and a lot of the easy access areas have disappeared. A good day on the East Carson.

8. Likes TBSP, Jetspray, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robertash20 View Post
    Love that spot. Im sure the alpine county plants will continue through the remainder of the season.
    Todd at the Carson River resort may have some info, don't know if he gives it up much though......Jetspray

10. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Those are fish worth hiking to.

Well done.
    It is not much of a hike just rocky, and since I have balance issues and the old persons shuffle, it takes a while to stumble down. I have walking sticks I got from REI years ago and should have brought one of them......Jetspray

12. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love that spot. Im sure the alpine county plants will continue through the remainder of the season.

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are fish worth hiking to.

Well done.

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job getting to the East Fork. That river is fishing better than most. I've been hammering that river 3-4 days a week mostly after work in the evenings. I do not fish by the road mostly below hangmans bridge way below!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

18. Likes Captain Compassion, Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast