Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grizzly Island Launch Ramp?

The entire Wildlife Area is closed for the Elk hunt program for the island.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about shore fishing around the landing, so leaving my vehicle wouldn't be a huge concern. But I wonder if the "Closed - no fishing" refers to that area as well..?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    I've gone down there when it's closed and nobody said anything. I would not launch there and leave my vehicle unattended. There has always been problems there with break in's, stolen spare tires, stolen trailers, etc.
    I agree wouldn’t leave my vehicle unattended, bad things happen there. I honestly don’t know if it’s ok to launch there or not. Just launch at Belden Landing and motor by boat to where ever you want to go. Belden is fine in the day time but I wouldn’t leave my truck and trailer there at night, a lot of break ins and vandalism at night.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by semut View Post
    So I tried to check this out today but I'm not sure about something: When you're driving down Grizzly Island Rd, right before the pavement ends you come to that "Grizzly Island Wildlife Center" or whatever it's called. There's all these huge signs that say "All visitors must register at booth", but the booth says "Wildlife area closed. No hunting, no fishing, etc".

Does that mean the road passing through is closed as well? Or does that only refer to the wildlife area (whatever that means)? Am I not allowed to drive through to the boat launch on the other side? I was assuming that was just for, you know, hiking around the wildlife refuge and the road was just the road. But then I saw a sign in the rearview saying "Return your permits to the office before leaving", which made me think that maybe I DO need a permit to drive down the damn road.

Not sure..
    I've gone down there when it's closed and nobody said anything. I would not launch there and leave my vehicle unattended. There has always been problems there with break in's, stolen spare tires, stolen trailers, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

So I tried to check this out today but I'm not sure about something: When you're driving down Grizzly Island Rd, right before the pavement ends you come to that "Grizzly Island Wildlife Center" or whatever it's called. There's all these huge signs that say "All visitors must register at booth", but the booth says "Wildlife area closed. No hunting, no fishing, etc".

Does that mean the road passing through is closed as well? Or does that only refer to the wildlife area (whatever that means)? Am I not allowed to drive through to the boat launch on the other side? I was assuming that was just for, you know, hiking around the wildlife refuge and the road was just the road. But then I saw a sign in the rearview saying "Return your permits to the office before leaving", which made me think that maybe I DO need a permit to drive down the damn road.

Not sure..

Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly Island Launch Ramp?

Has anyone fished this area recently? Is it any good? I'm not talking about Beldon's but a few miles down further closer to Honker bay