Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polaris 570 Sportsman

As they say, the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. It looks like you've got retirement all dialed in, congrats and good luck on your hunt.

2. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the only thing I need is a helmet. I dont have to have one and I dont like not being able to see everything around me but all the riders wear them so I guess I should too.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you filled the front storage compartment yet?

From memory this is what I have in my front storage area.

Water filter
    Tire repair kit and a can of Fix A flat
    Short tow strap to be used as a strap or a tree saver.
    Light weight rain gear.
    A small bag of granola bars and a water bottle.
    Spare face mask and gloves.
    I also mounted my winch control relay in that area and that allowed me to have a + and - straight from the terminal strip that I can keep my battery maintainer on or hook up my Lithium jump box to. The battery is tough to access with it being down on the frame. The Polaris dealer didn't like the relay mounted in there when they had to change my fuel pump. We compromised on how to remove it so they could access the tank. The pump was a warranty replacement item. I didn't like the relay mounted on top of the winch bracket. That area gets covered in mud too easily. I don't like relays covered in mud.

On my Honda I mounted the winch controller relay in the rear glove box.
    The rear glove box on my Polaris got hot enough to melt the plastic on the bag the owners manual came in.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep the mounts on the back are for the axe and shovel. I have the new style gun case on order. Just got back from a little run out behind the house. It's pretty quick and super stable compared the the Honda that I had before. You're right this is a Cadillac ride. You learn quick to turn into the wind when you stop or eat dust. It's not a replacement for the Jeep it's just another tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun. They are way faster than some of the others but I don't really need the speed. I rarely go over 20 mph.
    I purchased a new 570 Touring 2 years ago. My Honda was just beating me up too much. Nothing I have been on rides as nice as the Polaris. I prefer some of the Honda features but not the ride. I know you are good at maintenance and the Polaris requires more than some other units but that is just the way it goes.
    I didn't purchase very many Polaris branded accessories I just moved some of the waterproof bags over from the Honda. My winch is a Kolpin (owned by Polaris) and of course my gun boot is a Kolpin.

Just a note if you carry your rifle on those buckhorn mounts on the back it will get REALLY DUSTY. I almost always carry my rifle in the gun boot with the cover on.

7. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Mini Me..

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Polaris 570 Sportsman

First it was fire and then it was rain. My Rubicon trip was cancelled. Rain is worse than smoke, those big granite slabs get slick as snot. Anyway, there I was, all dressed up with no date to the prom so I went into town. After a few stops at all my usual hunting and fishing stores I saw this sign that said Polaris. Went in and a couple hours later I was driving home with a new ATV in the back of my truck. I wanted the 1000 but it wouldn't fit in the back of the truck and I wasnt buying a trailer too.

The gun case and front rack are on backorder but I got the rear rack, hand guards and winch and installed them yesterday. I'm going out in the desert this afternoon for a little fun then I'll start getting it ready for my hunt in late October. Scenario is load the ATV in the truck and flat tow the Jeep. Who says Toys R Us closed.

10. Likes wckid, dennis l, burninfuel, GW208 liked this post