Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bloodworms VS Pileworms

Quote Originally Posted by gdr_11 View Post
    I prefer not to use a bait that will bite me when I am trying to put it on the hook!
    Haha. I agree

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator View Post
    I use cut fish when I fish for striper. Sardine, mackerel, shad, herring, etc.
    Have or do you ever use anchovies. I’ve had luck with them but I have never used sardines or mackerel

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer not to use a bait that will bite me when I am trying to put it on the hook!

4. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by semut View Post
    What do you prefer using, if you don't mind my asking?
    I use cut fish when I fish for striper. Sardine, mackerel, shad, herring, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onelilcrazyazn View Post
    I dont like to use either just the fact that i get lots of shakers with them

I can understand that. However, I don't MIND catching shakers that much. I'd rather release 4 or 5 12"ers throughout the afternoon than sit there with zero action & leaving empty handed. I guess that's just a preference thing though

Post Thanks / Like

When baitfishing the sloughs, I prefer using mudsuckers or bullheads. When fishing deeper in the delta, fresh shad is hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont like to use either just the fact that i get lots of shakers with them
    dont take life to serious, let go and smile to see what your missing out on

Post Thanks / Like

I seldom use either blood worms or pile worms for striper. I use to use them when I fished around pilings and rocky shoreline in the bay but that has been a long long time ago. I preferred pile worms but that was just my personal preference.
    No one can say one is better than the other. One may be a hot bait one day and not the next day.
    Striper find bait by smell or scent. I like baits that put out a lot of scent. Pile worms and even bloody blood worms don’t put out that much scent compared to other baits like sardines, anchovies, squid, butterflied shad, chicken livers.... Even when using baits with a lot of scent I apply extra scent like procure sardine scent, garlic scent, bloody tuna and others. Striper find some bait by the movement in the current but scent is the primary attractor. (That does not apply to lures either trolled or cast although I use scent on them too).
    So if you feel confident using pile or blood worms, then use them. I think though you’ll have more success if you broaden your bait selections.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

10. Likes TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator View Post
    I personally wouldn't use either bait for FWS as I find them not wroth the price.

What do you prefer using, if you don't mind my asking?

Post Thanks / Like

I would say use what you are comfortable with. if you are happy with the success you are getting with your choice keep it up and don't listen to what other people are using. I personally wouldn't use either bait for FWS as I find them not wroth the price.

13. Likes nayr liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast