Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jumping Jack Tent Trailers

Got a couple of stainless steel bolt on battery trays from Summit Racing and installed them. I put 2 GC2 6v 235ah batteries in them and wired it. The should run the fridge and some lights for a week or so.

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave, Buddy bunks with me no matter where we sleep. LOL. This has more room than the van did but it doesnt have a queen size bed, stove or microwave like the van. Those are options that I can make happen should I desire them. Well see how it does at the fest. After a week of camping in it, I'll know better as to what I want to add. I might make a few runs into town to get things.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the layout, how does buddy fair with it? It sure beats sleeping in a bag on the dirt......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Shes up. They say 5 minutes but it took me 10 the first time. Plenty of room inside. The beds are singles but I have extensions to make one a double or to add table seating.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

It will freeze! 22 degrees inside that puppy. The idea is to put chilled food in it, run it on AC to get the temperature stabil and then throw it in the truck and plug it into 12v. Power consumption is about .84 ah on high. I'll be running it off 2 Golf Car batteries that will give me 230 ah down to 20 pct charge. Should last several days but I have my Honda 3000 generator and a charger if I need it.

As a side note: The ARB and Dometic brands are nearly identical. ARB has better customer service. Dometic customer services sucks.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 09-30-2018 at 10:52 AM.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool.

12. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my Jumping Jack today. I set it up in 40 mph wind gusts no problem. I also picked up a porta poti and a ARB truck freezer/fridge. I'll be adding a couple of 6v GC2 batteries, a charger and a Propane rack to it this week. The jeep and the quad both pull it around without a problem.

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    Just bought the 6x8. It's supposed to be here next Friday.
    Awesome!

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought the 6x8. It's supposed to be here next Friday.

17. Likes AnglingWes liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    I don’t have one, but have camped in one. Go with the 6x8 for the price difference. It’s a killer tent and the platform is very slick for carrying toys. I feel like they are overpriced for a tent on a utility trailer, however, they are very well engineered and built stout. No way I could fab my own for much less.
    Thanks Wes, I am going with the 6x8 for a grand more. The reason I was looking at the smaller one was because I could haul it with the Jeep. Then I remembered I put 1 ton axles and 4:56 gears in that so my 2000 lb towing capacity no longer applies.

I crawled all over one at Sportsman's and they are very well thought out. I was surprised at the amount of room inside and the sturdiness of the tent supports. I'm headed into town in the morning to buy one and hopefully it will be here for the fest.

In case you guy's didn't know, Sportsman's Warehouse gives a 10% Military and Veterans discount, you just need your State issued Veterans ID or Federal Military or VA Id card. That will cover the sales tax on the new rig.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 09-20-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast