Post Thanks / Like

Re: When does the Striper fall run usually start?

I was wondering the same thing. I have a six year old who would love nothing more than to bring in the shakers.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried trolling last weekend with a couple of my grandkids for Salmon until the electric trolling motor prop fell off so switched to Stipers. We got a couple of hits but didn't stick so think there were shakers then the wind picked up so called it a day.
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator Yamaha F150

Post Thanks / Like

As dumb as this may sound, but I learn a lot from the Angler West TV channel on YouTube as well as the Informative Fisherman channel. You can get an excellent jump start on spots by watching the episodes. I mean pretty much 85% of the stuff you need, the other 15% you’ll learn by being out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The fall striper run generally goes from late September through November maybe a little into a December. But in December the water temperature drops and often the bite dies. My experience is that the hottest bite is usually from now until mid November. As far as “hot spots” I think you need to put in the time and work to find you own hot spots.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

When does the Striper fall run usually start?

When does the fall run of Stripers on the American and Sacramento River usually start and how long does it last? What are some good spots on the American for bank fishing?

7. Likes Ldd1959 liked this post